This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

Simon,

It's like I said, they already KNOW I have this disease. THEY told Claire and I not to get in touch - ever! THEY made it clear they want nothing to do with us. THEY know we're always here for them and that our door is always open. They are adults now not little kiddies. We can't keep running after them - especially when they've made it clear they don't want us in their lives. I'd rather things be left as they are and not have to suffer stress than to have them here giving me a lecture.

Ian

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ian,

The elders have probably told them that this illness is what's going to bring you back into the JW's. They will have been told that sticking out their ignoring you is the loving thing to do.

That's cults for ya.

You seem in good spirits matey, can you travel? We'd all love to see you at the BBQ on the 17th, any chance we might see you both?

Mike.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mike,

You seem in good spirits matey, can you travel? We'd all love to see you at the BBQ on the 17th, any chance we might see you both?

Take it from me, Claire and I are going to do our utmost to be there. We've discussed it and think it would be wonderful to see so many friends. I can't promise, of course, because of my situation. But certainly we view your BBQ as a MUST GO TO venue. We'd have to bring our own food, too, as I'm on a special diet - but that's not a problem at all. Friends should meetup - and I need all the encouragement I can get

Love,

Ian & Claire

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Good luck. My prayers are with you...

CZAR

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**We can't keep running after them - especially when they've made it clear they don't want us in their lives. I'd rather things be left as they are and not have to suffer stress than to have them here giving me a lecture

I agree 100%!!! You need to be around loving, caring and supportive people right now. You don't need to add the anxiety of coming face-to-face with someone who knowingly disapproves of you. It's about YOU and YOUR needs right now, and keeping YOUR wants and wishes foremost for the time being. I feel that someone who comes out and tells you that they want nothing to do with you, should get their wish---despite the consequences. It's THEIR choice. So be it!

Life hands us enough slaps in the face, and when someone is convalescing, or trying to cope with an illness---you don't need or want the added pressures of anticipating a "reunion" so that THEY can "feel better" about the situation THEY have created. The one who is ill is the one (I think) should have top priority for whatever reasons.

I guess I'll get off my soapbox now, (blush) This subject hits me really hard, having just gone through it with my situation and a JW family member who "decided" that I was "worth a visit" three months after the fact. No cards, no flowers, no phone calls, no visits when I was in the hospital and rehab----but suddenly decided to "show up" one day.......cantcha FEEL the love? There's a LOT more leading up to all this that I haven't gone into, but I've already drawn attention away from Ian----and I didn't mean to do that....

Hugs always,

Annie

• Dansk
    Dansk

((((((((((Annie))))))))))

You are welcome to any attention. You deserve it!

Love,

Ian

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Ian

Just wanted to let you know that I am checking back in to see how you are doing as well as your family.

You are in my thoughts everyday and I find it hard to think what I can possibly do. That feeling like your hands are tied is frustrating.

So, my good thoughts and vibes are sent your way everyday. Whenever I have my tea, .. at least two times a day, I light me tea light and think good positive vibes and send them across the Atlantic to you and your family.

The next time you feel a nice comforting breeze while sitting outside.. that's from me, Ian.

I just want you to know that I am listening intently through your posts.

I hear what you are saying and sharing here, Ian.

(( Ian ))

love

Special K

• Will Power
    Will Power

Ian, I am so sorry to read about this turn. I have 2 young dear friends also doing battle.

As for your daughters....boy, JW behaviour is hard to believe somethimes. Not ever been one but have seen first hand the consequences of such membership. There are not adequate words in our vocabulary to describe but lets hope there are enough to educate.

It will be a sad day when such ones realize the impact of Jesus' words, ..."whatever you did to the least.., you did to Me."

You are wise to take care of yourself now.

S

• Dansk
    Dansk

Czar:

My prayers are with you...

Thank you! I can?t fail with so many here doing likewise.

Special K:

So, my good thoughts and vibes are sent your way everyday. Whenever I have my tea, .. at least two times a day, I light me tea light and think good positive vibes and send them across the Atlantic to you and your family. The next time you feel a nice comforting breeze while sitting outside.. that's from me, Ian.

I felt it, SK, and it?s doing me good! Whenever you light your flame, please know that I?m appreciating it!!

S:

You are wise to take care of yourself now.

Thank you. I can get down when I think of my lovely Claire and our two sons, because I want to spend many more years with them. Taking care of myself IS important because I have to heal before I can help anyone else ? and I want so much to help others.

Love to you all with all my heart,

Ian

• alamb
    alamb

Good morning my friend,

I just wanted to check in and send our love. I wish we were closer so I could stop by, but this is as close as I can get. You are such a wonderful person and such a strength to me when I check the board. Please give Claire my love too.

Here is an e-bouquet of flax and daisies, a pot of tea, and some home made muffins,

Alamb (trying to get your phone #)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit