This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

VERY LATEST:

Hey, Marjorie, I'm of Danish extraction but I was born and live in England

I saw the haematologist today and he made no bones about it. I have Mantle Cell Lymphoma and it is incurable. The average life-span with this disease is 3 years!

OK, so I have a real battle on my hands but I'm determined to win. I start chemotherapy next Thursday. Unfortunately, the treatment seems to only put one in remission for, as I mentioned, up to 3 years. Some people have less time, some more. Personally, I believe there's much we can do ourselves. I'm going for the treatment because the swellings are becoming uncomfortable and the chemo will shrink the tumours. Afterwards, I'm going on the Hinze diet - which Claire and I have yet to properly decide. If anyone of you has any ideas I'm willing to listen.

As you can imagine, it was a very emotional morning. It was all I could do to remain calm. Claire was sitting across the other side of the doctor's room, directly opposite me, while I was side-on to the doctor. Claire, bless her, was unable to control her tears. I was choked, but held them back. Even thinking of it now brings a lump to my throat. God, I love that girl!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your wonderfully upbuilding messages and support. Please continue to send your vibes my way. I cling on every one of them.

I have a choice. I can crumble or I can fight. I choose to fight. With your prayers and good wishes I can't lose!

Love to all,

Ian

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ian, I am so sorry! Please have someone tell your daughters!!

I will if you want me to do it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mulan,

You're always so thoughtful and kind and I love you for it

Please have someone tell your daughters!!

I haven't decided yet. I don't want them coming round because they feel it is a duty. They'll get to hear of my bald chemo-induced head eventually, I'm sure

Thanks for offering. I appreciate it.

Ian

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

((((Ian & Claire)))) Stay strong, my friend.

Love,

Nina

• little1
    little1

Ian & Claire-my thoughts and prayers are with you.

l1

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((Ian & Claire & family)))))

I'm so sorry.

Your a fighter Ian, stay strong.

If there is anything we help with, let us know.

• morty
    morty

((((((((Ian & Claire)))))))

I have prayed for you again this morning, and will continue till you beat this thing....

My heart is with you both...

Love Morty

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{{{Ian}}}}}

Oh Sweetie! What a tough thing for you both to hear!

I'm sending my love and very best wishes to you and your family........

Hugs,

Annie

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Ian,

In this fight you will have, any time you need to, feel around and realize that many people who care about you from around the world will be thinking of you and focusing are good thoughts and energy towards you. We're all part of one big reality, interconnected. I will keep you in my thoughts. There is a lot a person can do.

Metta,

Jon (gita)

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Damnit, that's not the news I wanted to hear.

I'm sending postive thoughts to you and your family. Not an easy thing right now, but stay strong.

love

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit