This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((Ian)))) thanks so much for giving me an overview of your belief system. I can see why my son is interested in this as well.

It truly is a beautiful way of thinking and living.

At this moment I dont have a certain relgion I believe in, but I do feel some kind of spirituality. It is mainly felt the strongest when I am sitting outside, feeling the wind blow, leaves rustling, I just love this big old tree in my front yard. I feel a very peaceful, very connected with my mother who passed on long ago. This is the closest feeling of spirituality I have felt since leaving the borg. My family on my dad's side...( your new picture looks like him , nice btw) are native american indians, so I was brought up around very spiritual people,,,,,,,,and they were Catholic , so you can imagine . There were always talk about good spirits , who guided you, even things in nature that were activily spoken about as guiding forces. I really am drawn to the indians way going with the flow, the honor they have , respect for all forms of life and nature.

It is wonderful to hear and to appreciate other views as you have Ian, so different from our JW beliefs and we are not scared anymore to look into new ideas.

Hugssssssss Dede

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi All,

I had a lovely welcome visit from Gedanken today. He?s over from the USA and had dinner with Claire and I at our house. He?s a really great guy and we had a good time. Just sorry his visit was so short.

I?m still overcome by all the response I continually receive from you all. Today has been another good day. I?ve felt really well and Gedanken helped lift my spirits even further.

Annie, Grace, Desi, Shotty, Frenchbabyface, Ross, Andi, Qwerty and Dede, thanks for posting and keeping my spirits up. If I have a few more years of days like this I?ll be well pleased. It?s great to be alive and I truly appreciate what I?ve got ? a wonderful family and such great friends!

With all my love,

Ian

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Do you realize what a gift YOU are to this world?

Seriously Ian. Think about it. Think about it regarding Claire, Dominic, and Karl. Think about it with the people on the board. Knowing how you are, it may be a difficult thing for you to consider. But please talk about it with Claire. YOU are truly the gift to us. You're an inspiration, you're funny and upbuilding, you're encouraging and loving and incredibly insightful and wise. WE are the ones that are well-pleased and grateful!!!

XOXOXOXO,

Andi

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Auguries of Innocence
    To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.
    William Blake.
    1757 - 1827
    Whole poem here: http://www.artofeurope.com/blake/bla3.htm
    Every day is a blessing, my dear friend 
    Peace profound...

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Dansk, I love you man!

Get healed quickly I pray and come back with good news!

We have work to do! :-))

respectfully,

Randy Watters

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Gosh, Ian,,,,, I have tears , and a lump in my throat,,,,,,,I can feel the positve energy just by the way you "say" things.

And as dear Andi ( what a sweetie huh?) said,,,,,,,we are grateful and honored to know you. Thank you for sharing so much with us,,,,,what I have learned from you, the way you are handling everything, I am trying to apply to my everyday life. If I were to ever face a serious health issue like you , I hope that I would be able to reflect on how you delt with it, and you bet I would find you and ask a million and one questions...hehe.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Ian, Claire and family :o)

Thinking of you all and sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

{{{{you all}}}}

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All, As you are aware, I refused chemotherapy and decided to watch and wait. At the same time I must have taken every alternative cancer therapy going, plus homeopathic remedies and receiving Reiki. Unfortunately, the past three days have been very uncomfortable and the swelling in my left axilla (armpit) has increased, both in size and in discomfort. I still haven't had any severe pain, but the discomfort is bordering on pain and, as you can imagine, I find it difficult to think positively as the discomfort drains me bit by bit. Sitting here writing this I actually feel much better, but I cannot deny that it could be only a temporary respite. I am booked in to see the oncologist on Monday morning and I feel some kind of treatment is inevitable. I rather feel it's going to be chemo+R, something I never wanted, but the discomfort is getting to be too much. I shall ask if I can have Rituxan alone, but if not I can't see any way out of not having chemo. At present, I am running at 80%. It has been worse. When I first saw the oncologist I felt I was down to 70% of my usual self. I have tried hard to fight this disease - just as many others have - but I feel a decision is going to have to be made soon. I cannot even put my left arm by my side because the swelling is so large. My left biceps also aches and there's another swollen lymph node under my axilla. Everyone here has been mightily supportive and I can't ever thank you enough. I feel a lot more confident than when Mouthy first started this thread (((((HUGS to Grace))))). Hopefully, if/when I do have standard treatment, I can fight the beast better. I'll let you all know what transpires after Monday. Christian Observer, thanks for your prayers. I appreciate them, especially at this time. Love, Ian

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Hi Ian

I don't know you but I wanted to tell you that I'll be praying for you too. If you didn't already read Larrey Dossy's book on the healing power of prayer, you might enjoy it. Since reading it I firmly believe in praying.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I think your feeling funny because you shaved and have that sexy new avatar.

I'm sorry for your discomfort and pain Ian, you know if willpower and attitude could heal I'm sure you would be cured long ago.

Whatever you decide to do and whatever you must do, know that I wish there was more I could do.

P.S..I'd love to visit but everytime I asked you said it would mean sleeping in the same bed with Littletoe or on the floor with two hairy bitches...you foul mouthed sod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit