FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

* sings* ..........errr umm....* cough* ,, "we are the world,,,,,,,,we are the people,,,,,we are the ones who make a brighter day , so lets start giving,,,,,,,there's a ......." forgot the words.......help me out!!!!!

• SixofNine
  • Valis
    Valis

*LOL* and that emoticon looks just like him too! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• codeblue
    codeblue

I appreciate this thread even though I am a "woman".

I ditto Sabine's comments...she said how I feel perfectly.

Good job Jst2laws

Codeblue

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    The need for exiting witnesses to see that so-called "mature christians", people vested deeply into the WTBTS, have chosen to leave, is very real. The need for exiting witnesses to see and take part in reducing the "stars" down to human proportions, is very real. Elders were central to the hell most of us went through as witnesses (while not the architects of our torture, they were the hands-on inquisitors) and the need for exiting witnesses to yell that from the rooftops is very real.

When I first found this site I was excited there was something like this out there and told my daughter about it (we exited at the same time). I told her that there were that were many others who have left too because of their bad experiences and insights into the Org. I told here that even former elders and overseers and bethelites were here and telling their stories--this impressed her and she wanted to hear more. That is good enough for me.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

codeblue said:

I appreciate this thread even though I am a "woman".

I ditto Sabine's comments...she said how I feel perfectly.

Good job Jst2laws

Here,here!

Kate

• Puternut
    Puternut

I can't help but have some mixed feelings/ if not guilt, about the good intentions by jst2laws. It is good to see that there are other elders who have now left the borg. For whatever reason they have left, is not as important, as the fact that they have had the experience from deep within the borg, and seen the hypocracy that the WT promotes.

On the other hand the sisters, and those who were not elders or ministerial servants, have a bad taste in their mouth, when they hear the word 'elder'. I can appreciate and understand that. I have seen many who abused the 'system' and those who were affected by this, have some true reasons for feeling this way.

I myself was an elder, and now looking back on my position, I can help but feeling guilty and bad now. I must admit, I was contolled by the WT, and acted what I 'thought' what was right. But now having the birds eyeview and seeing things differently, my eyes are opened and I have guilt feelings about having been on so many committees. Over the course of time I have df'd a few, and now that they have not found their 'place', I have this overwhelming desire to contact them, and telling them the 'other' side of the borg. And try to give them some direction.

I don't know I, am torn in two. On the one hand I am glad to see other elders, that have left. And these were men like myself, and still have compassion for people. On the other hand, I by no means want to boast about the fact that I was an elder at one time. I feel like laying low key around those who were affected by the elder body.

Puternut

• Simon
    Simon

I note that your last comment did NOT say, 'talesin, you've got a PM'.

I thought I was clear when I stated, DO NOT SEND ME A PM.

This is too much; if you have something to say, then post it. I do not like paternalistic, condescending behaviour, and imo, this is what you are displaying. There is no 'back room' on this forum, so don't try to take me there, no matter what the intent of your Personal Message.

I do not want to 'make peace' privately, or conversely, be 'reprimanded' - this issue needs to be kept out in the OPEN. You, of all people, should know how damaging secrets are. {{{Chris}}}

I will NOT be reading this PM; please respect my personal boundaries.

Talesin

You are out of line here.

You are making a big fuss about getting a *nice* PM and are judging it even though you haven't even bothered to read it. Chris is the least paternalistic / condescending people I know and does NOT deserve the treatment that you have handed out so BACK OFF.

If you want to get unpleasant with someone try it with me and just see how far you get

• Simon
    Simon

This topic just goes to show that how ever much people try to help and how ever much you do for some people, a few will try and turn it into something else.

If you have a problem with Elders all being men, go and bitch about it at the KH - it's nothing to do with us! We can't help who was and who wasn't an elder and they should be welcomed just as everyone else is.

The ex-elders on this site who are helping to run it are very humble and do their best to help others. They will happily take advice and correction from lady mods in admin so I think some of the 'charges' are low blows and unfair.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah, some of our lady mods are incredibly wise and far-sighted, I always learn a thing or two from them each time I visit the admin forum.

Moving swiftly on:

Everyone here knows jst2laws. He is one of the most open minded, fair and caring men on this board. When I read the misfit and low life comment, I took it as sarcastic self-deprecation.

I

have to second those comments. Jst2laws is one of the kindest and most amiable men that I know. His is always the voice of reasonableness, he constantly urges the moderators towards moderation in all things to do with the board.

I've met him on several occasions and I'm proud to call him a very dear friend. I'd trust him with everything that is precious to me.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit