FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I am in complete shock that someone could talk to Chris like that. I've never met a person more kind and compassionate as he. This just goes to show that no matter how hard people try to do and say the right things, there's always an idiot to shit on them.

unbelievable.

Rev

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rev:
    It probably doesn't need stirring up anymore, shall we let "dozing off dogs lie..."

Six / Hillary:
    That reminds me of the Trebuchet scene from "Jabberwocky"!
    Choose me!!!!!

More seriously, though, I'm willing to let the "sistas" loose on me at the Apostofest
    It's all for the good of the cause, ya know?
    ~beautific smile ~

(Besides, Slippy PM'ed me to say that he accidentally placed a double order for black knobblers, and needs to offload some. What can I say? He was a bruvver in distress!!)

XW:

I don?t believe for a moment that there was anything intentional here. Maybe with more of an understanding of the realities of healing from all of this, everyone can be a bit more compassionate with one another. Some people are actively working on this healing, some have already done it and some don?t think they need it. Whatever place anyone is at, you?ve all been in somewhat the same place in the past.

Agreed. Hopefully this thread has been a learning experience for all, even if we did lose track of "Posting Guidline #10"

• Larry
    Larry

Of course the elder title doesn't mean a thing to us, but for new comers and jdubs it means the world.

So for what it's worth, I regretfully state: I was an elder for one or two years (i can't remember) :-/

But I do remember it wasn't worth the wait!

Peace - LL.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Sorry, didn't mean to 'stir it up' again, just thought this was a discussion board

• LittleToe
  • waiting
    waiting

This is just a great post for all sides of the discussion. Thank you, Sabrina.

Our past experiences in the Organization were for many of us torturous and that torture was implemented by those who abused their authority as Elders. It was the abuse of their authority that brings to mind the horror of that experience, not the fact that they were men! The abuse of authority whether from men or women causes permanent harm and its that harm that echoes here not the fact that they were men.
    Elder lists divide people who are leaving a place where titles like Elder, CO, DO, made many of us either feel worthless or worse, abused. I understand the reason for the list and I hope it serves the purpose that was intended but I think anyone who finds the list objectionable because of past abuses or for other reasons should not be castigated for it.
    Having said that, I think this thread will be very good for lurking elders. It's good for them to know that former elders post here and its also good for them to see the amount of hurt and anger caused by the abuse of authority exercised by many Elders. -Sabrina

There is a reason that the novel, Animal Farm, has remained such a powerful book/lesson thru all these decades. It's human nature.

"We're all equals. It's just that some of us are more equal." - Animal Farm (paraphrased)

((((((((((((((((((((((((Chris & Talespin))))))))))))))))))))))))) - hope all goes well with you both.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Donkey:Sorry, I wasn't neglecting ya (well, I was, but just not intentionally).

So am I supposed to double guess that and expect that you want a hug?
    Or was that double reverse psychology?

Gawdammit, just give us a manly hug, dude!!!
    LOL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Waiting:That reminds me. I need to get my own copy of "Animal Farm".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Pictures from our first "test" elder fling of jjrizo. To be honest, we didn't really tell him the nature of the whole program, especially the whole "draw staws" part, as it was just a test really; trying to get the trajectory correct, see if we needed to add weight to make the good old chaps actually crash thru the KH roof, that sort of thing. Oh hush with your protest! Like he was going to do something better with his life.

"hey, what is this thing?""this thing is totally safe though, right?"Jehovah! Hitler! Satan!  save me!

And here goes Caspian! Weeeee (he may or may not have been an elder, but this one was just for fun)

you promise girls dig this?Weeee, told ya I'm a pilot, and a doctor, and lawyer...whoaaaa!  that's not a lake, that's a parking lot!!!

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

SixofNine,

Everything's perpective, that could be an elder tossing or a publisher tossing. From my point of view the latter is more likely to happen than the former.

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit