FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    It was an excellent point that I never thought of. I'm sorry my beautiful sisters.

It is obvious that Slippy's latest bulk purchase of condoms has arrived.

HS

...and the May Apostafest is quickly approaching... Big Tex, I didn't take it as self-deprecating humor but after you pointed it out I can see it now. I know what Jst2laws intent was but I think it could have been worded differently. I must say that aside from not being offended, cause pretty much nothing offends me, I agree with Flower on most of her take on this. I didn't think of the female thing but the other stuff I agree with. Ok, I'm sorry to upset the natural order of the universe. Xena, take your top off!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    It was an excellent point that I never thought of. I'm sorry my beautiful sisters.

It is obvious that Slippy's latest bulk purchase of condoms has arrived.

HS

...and the May Apostafest is quickly approaching... Big Tex, I didn't take it as self-deprecating humor but after you pointed it out I can see it now. I know what Jst2laws intent was but I think it could have been worded differently. I must say that aside from not being offended, cause pretty much nothing offends me, I agree with Flower on most of her take on this. I didn't think of the female thing but the other stuff I agree with. Ok, I'm sorry to upset the natural order of the universe. Xena, take your top off!!

• talesin
    talesin

Flower and Mouthy, and all others who feel the same, this is for you,

I applaud jst2laws for what he is doing.

You are sending a message that will be heard !

Although I stated that I was 'uncomfortable' (to quote) with this thread, I am NOT against it or its purpose. I just object to some of the attitudes that have been displayed in the discussion.

The following comments are directed more at the debate which has ensued, and NOT in any way at the intent of the topic of this thread.

In other words, TO THE HOSTILE LURKERS

Here is a good example of how WE can disagree, debate the issues, but still get our message across. Even though we are disagreeing, EVEN ON THIS VERY THREAD, doesn't it bug ya a bit, how many bethelites and scholars are on our rolls? BITE ME !! bwaaa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaa!!!

But, I digress,

(first, I want to say that some of you really touched my heart with your compassionate responses to this issue ... I think in some way, all of you, understand what Flower first addressed and many others feel, was a good point)

CyrusThePersian & Xena

Thanks for your comments & support !

Little Toe

You said it just the right way, back on page one ... thanks. You too, slipnslidemaster & wheelwithinwheel.

Big Tex,

I note that your last comment did NOT say, 'talesin, you've got a PM'.

I thought I was clear when I stated, DO NOT SEND ME A PM.

This is too much; if you have something to say, then post it. I do not like paternalistic, condescending behaviour, and imo, this is what you are displaying. There is no 'back room' on this forum, so don't try to take me there, no matter what the intent of your Personal Message.

I do not want to 'make peace' privately, or conversely, be 'reprimanded' - this issue needs to be kept out in the OPEN. You, of all people, should know how damaging secrets are. {{{Chris}}}

I will NOT be reading this PM; please respect my personal boundaries.

PS, I am not as much angry as I am astonished. I specifically asked, NO PMs, whassup with that?

First, no respect for Grace, now no respect for me.

I know you are passionate about these issues, BT, as am I, but that does not give you the right to insist that I agree with you, or to disrespect my wishes re my personal space.

I ASK, WHERE IS MOUTHY? Granny, we need your counsel. We hear you with open hearts.

Once again, I am being upfront, please respond in same (or not). I'm not asking for anything; if you can't say it here, then say nothing.

I'm taking a break for a few days. Even then, I don't think I will check back on this thread. As I said, this is just too much right now.

(although I would like to add a note of humour, I do not want to detract from what I feel is the seriousness of this issue, sorry, folks for being such a downer, but sometimes imo things just need to be addressed ... so crucify me heheheh sorry, i just couldn't help myself, i love you all - talesin)

Welcome talesin

Inbox (2 new messages)
    Profile :: Files :: Logoff
    Options :: Active Topics :: Member Directory :: Search :: Chat :: Statistics :: Terms of use
    Action :: Jump to: :: Sent
    Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum > Member Directory > talesin > Inbox

In Chat: garybuss

Member Inbox:
    talesin

Forum Homepage | Active Topics | Member Directory

SentFromTitle
    29-Mar-04 19:01 Mar 29, 2004...
    29-Mar-04 13:03 Mar 29, 2004Big Tex:)
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wow talesin, I don't think I deserved that. Yes I did send you a PM, but it was titled with a smiley face and it said

Can I PM you 'cause you are a very sweet person?

I'm sorry if you feel I was acting 'elder like' or

I do not like paternalistic, condescending behaviour, and imo, this is what you are displaying. There is no 'back room' on this forum, so don't try to take me there, no matter what the intent of your Personal Message.

Wow. I am absolutely stunned. More than that, I feel literally sick to my stomach at your post to me. My hands are shaking. God almighty. Honestly I do not think anyone has ever hurt me as badly online as you have.

If you must know, my first post referencing a PM was to Steve asking him a question about Maximus. My second post was teasing Gumby. My third referencing a PM was an abject apology to Grace. I would rather have my teeth drilled before I would hurt her, and I was truly upset at the thought I had.

I had not thought I felt passionately about this subject. I thought I was expressing myself. Clearly I did so in my typically poor and idiotic fashion. Perhaps my parents are right and I'm nothing but a fucking moron. God, sometimes I really fucking hate myself. You know times like this I feel like the lowest piece of shit that ever walked the earth.

You hate me talesin, you think I'm a condescending arrogant jerk? Well you wouldn't be the first. Let me introduce you to my father, and you two can really go to town on me. I'm sure he'll tell you some humiliating and embarassing stories about me. Give you a good laugh.

Shit fark fark fark I hate myself!!!!!!!

Excuse me I'm going to go throw up

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Maybe they should give me moddy tools!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

WOAH!!!

I was just going to say to talesin that I'm sure that Big Tex didn't mean to offend you cause I happen to know that he's a big sweet loveble man.

Boy, you start mentioning elders and everybody gets all nervous and touchy, myself included. What a work over we all got from those tiny men in little rooms. Nothing evidences it more then the variety of posts on this thread.

Jst2laws I'm sure didn't mean to offend and I KNOW Big Tex didn't mean to offend.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes i'm afraid many of us have PTSD from the "back rooms". But as Slippy says, BT is a sweet guy and wouldn't hurt anyone.

• Valis
    Valis

yes he is a great guy Wednesday and I can tell you that we try to relay a lot of our opinions and concerns via PM. I'm so sorry that either talesin can't accept the concept that some communicate better privately versus others. Or well nevermind... I agree about keeping this in the open, but going after Big Tex is not cool. We've had yo go through phases of deleting or temporarily removing users because of people snooping about. Nothing wrong IMO with carrying on the discussion in public and private. AND beating up on someone to prove your point is rather lame IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• donkey
    donkey

in view of the way this thread has turned I have removed my smart ass comments....I had not read the whole thread before replying.

• flower
    flower

Talesin, we all go through times where something someone says just strikes us the wrong way and we read more into it than they meant. Or we just feel emotional and overreact to something someone says.

I dont think anyone here can say they have never taken offense to something that was not meant to offend.

Its cool, and its ok. I'm sure Big Tex didnt pm you to piss you off. Maybe its just one of those days eh?

flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit