FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Strange thing is, that IS WHAT I DID SAY. Those quoting that comment are quoting me at:

Err..yes, I already knew that at the time I quoted your comment. My apologies for not attributing it to you. I simply thought that that was a good way to express the purpose of that older thread AND this newer one is all. Hope I haven't offended

• nilfun
    nilfun

God, some of this thread has been a *very* painful read.

Flowers for everyone:

*sigh*

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    But if they are thinking 'well these are just a bunch of weak in the faith, df'd, lowly, nobodies who were never really spiritually anyway'

If you look at the list of elders at the begining of this thread, you find that a great many of them were weak in the faith "somebodies" who were never really spiritual anyway. I find that fascinating.

I don't think you're giving people (even JW's) enough credit, flower. If someone is reading on JWD, it isn't going to take them too long before they lose the "elders are spiritual gifts-in-men" mentality. Chances are, if they are reading this, they already have lost that mentality.

• flower
    flower
    I am sick to death of hearing about man-bashing jokes, put-downs, insults, and hatred of men. If anything like that was said of women, there's be a hue and cry from the feminists in this world that would make your head spin. Yet almost every day we are assaulted by the latest man-bashing joke. WELL, I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!!! IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING, THEN TREAT YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS THE SAME WAY, IRREGARDLESS OF THEIR SEX!!

Feel free to jump in and supply examples, as I am not sure who these comments were directed towards. I certainly didnt make any such male bashing comments and I dont think anyone else really did either. I believe I was treating people the way I would like to be treated, respectfully disagreeing.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I appreciate knowing there are ex-elders out here. It shows there is hope even for the "Big Bad Guys" (lol)

Grace, don't ever change the way you are. I love your spunk!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    But if they are thinking 'well these are just a bunch of weak in the faith, df'd, lowly, nobodies who were never really spiritually anyway' then my answer to that is TO HECK WITH THEM. Let them come back when they are ready to see us for what we really are and see the truth for what it really is.

Flower the first time I looked at this site,,,, I was so angry at my hubby for looking at "apostate sites" , and I looked at this board only because he really kept at me about it. I thought the worst of course and did think that the people on the board had grudes ,were the wicked ones we faithful JW's were warned about.

I was SOOOOOOOOO BRAINWASHED! I am ashamed at how closeminded I was, and how obedient I was in not educating myself . The WT said don't look at apostate sites , or anything of the like, and I would have never done it on my own.

I have to think that there are those out there just like I was, so brainwashed , they just need one story, one thing someone says to plant a seed of doubt in their minds, and get them thinking. Only then can they see us for what we really are.

I really understand what you are saying,,,,,,,,but I will say that some, really feel a great need to tell others about what they know to be the real truth now. Not that we all don't when we have the opportunity, but some have websites, speak at churches, go on personal crusades , if you will, about the horros of JW.

I think that is what Steve is all about,,,,,,,, I think he is one of those , that really wants to help others out. It is evident by all the things he has done for so many, his many wonderful , intelligent well thought out post.

He and his wife Joy, helped me out so much when I first came to this site,,,,,,,,Joy and I were in chat so much and she gave me good advice. She gave me advice when I didnt know how to stand on my own two feet. I didnt know what to do, where to go, or who to ask . But she did. She had experience and had been dealing with all the things I went thru and knew just what to say to me........to help me, to help me help myself.

This is all just my personal opinon, but I thought several months ago that I might stop coming to this site, as I felt it served the purpose I needed at the time. I decided that I wasnt quite ready to give up this board , even thou I have so much on my plate in real life. Plus all of my friends are here...

I feel a strong need to encourage new ones, who were once like me,,,,,,,in so much pain, trying to find their way, and who feel so hopeless. That is alot of the reason I stayed around too,,,,,I figure , someone , actually in this case, very many, helped me out when I needed it the most, the least I can do is pay it back.

• flower
    flower
    If someone is reading on JWD, it isn't going to take them too long before they lose the "elders are spiritual gifts-in-men" mentality. Chances are, if they are reading this, they already have lost that mentality.

And if they havent lost that mentality yet they will soon enough just by spending time here and hearing all of our legitimate stories which they can relate to. Even more reason why the list is unnecessary and therefore more harmful than good.

Lyineyes,

I hear you...I felt exactly the same way when I first stumble on this and other sites. I was flabbergasted to find out that everything that was written about Apostates was absolutely 100% true! They were coniving, sly, and wicked and posed as these sweet, friendly, grandmothers and friends. Even after I read Crisis of Conscience I fluctuated between believing it and believing that Satan was capable of being behind it.

But, part of me knew and came back when I was ready to accept. I was helped just as much by the testimony of Grace Gough as I was by the testimony of Randy Watters former bethel elder.

:x

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Even more reason why the list is unnecessary and therefore more harmful than good.

I see it as the reason the list just plain isn't harmful.

• Valis
    Valis

cool...does this mean we get to watch flower and Sixofnine pudding wrestle over the validity of the list? w00t!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• flower
    flower

As long as its chocolate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit