FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Add me to the list. Elder for 6 years,PO for 8 years.

Ken P.

• Simon
    Simon

Just illustrates too how it's never too late to lose and it doesn't matter how much of your life you have 'invested' in the WTS ... leaving is frequently the best option.

From my own experience, it seems the elders who really care about people and are genuinely doing their best to help are the ones that end up leaving. The power hungry ladder-climbers are right at home which means that the 'good' in the WTS gets more and more diluted as time goes one.

• gumby
    gumby

Add Gumby too.

Gumby

• Puternut
    Puternut

just2laws:, in your notes box: add 18 years elder, 2 years PO.

• flower
    flower

No offense to any of the wonderful people on the list, dont take offense please... but do we not realize yet how absolutely meaningless and unimpressive the title of jw elder is? i dont get the purpose of the list.

We should be more impressed by their leaving than the R&F? Other elders who are having doubts wont listen to the facts or to R&F, they need to have a list of other people on 'their' level who feel the same before they decide? I dont see how encouraging their mentality helps anything (if that is indeed the purpose of this list). The sooner they find out they are no more important than the rest of society the better off they will be.

A more helpful list in my opinion, would include how many innocent people these elders can remember being a part of judging, disfellowshipping, labeling, dividing from their family, driving to suicide, depression, drugs ect, in the name of their false god AND how many of those they have reached back out to in a humble act of remorse. Not because they are to 'blame' but because they are regretful.

just my opinion...

• gumby
    gumby
    i dont get the purpose of the list.

Jst2Laws explained why. He did it to show others what calibur of people are here as far as "ranking" within the organisation goes. It's not inexperienced witnesses who had no status in the Organisation that are here on this site. It's also many who were WELL INFORMED of the organisation and who know more than the AVERAGE witness knows......and many of these ones had many years inside.

Gumby

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Flower

You bring up some excellent thoughts and I agree wholeheartedly. However, I think the purpose of this thread is to show lurkers who may still be involved in the cult and who still look up to the elders that there are many former elders who have seen the errrors of the Witnesses and their false god, the Watchtower, and now seek to make amends. I myself was an elder for eight years and yes, I've done my best to undo the hurt I've caused by sitting in judgement when I really had no right.

The sooner they find out they are no more important than the rest of society the better off they will be.

So true, so true! But maybe threads like this one will be the springboard they need to discover the truth in your statement above!

CyrusThePersian

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Steve, you have a PM

• gumby
    gumby
    Steve, you have a PM

That's just the same as sayin...." we need to meet in the library". Your arse is grarse now dude!!!! Chris is a mean old man and he's gonna chew you out for sumthin Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Gumby, I need to speak with you in the back room.

Ya bastard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit