FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
  • tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Was an elder for 7 years...........now a demon possessed ex witness...ooops thats how they feel about me ! LOL

• mouthy
    mouthy

I submit that if someone reads anything else into this thread, it says more about their attitude and themselves than it does about jst2laws. (Said by Chris)

Sorry if my attitude was wrong!!! it was NOT about Just2laws!!It was about MEN! in MY opinion..... I guess it reveals more about me then Eh!!!! Yeah after being submissive to MEN!!!! Who I foolishly looked up to becuase I foolishly thought they were being used by GOD!!! Who counselled me about slaving for my husband, ( because my hubby complained I was working for the WT I should work for him) Which I HAD to do!

I am VERY SORRY If there is anything that get my dander up it is prasing men!!!!

O.K. want me to leave the site????Just say the word.....!!!! I have had two temper tantrums on the board this is the second.....I get REALLY upset!!!! Good your all free from the hurt of the WT I AM NOT !!!! You can teach YOUR kids it is not the truth> Mine are DEAD!!!! Get it????????????????????

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Grace you have a PM.

• Xena
    Xena
    One of the reasons for this thread is to help lurkers see that this site is not the home of exjw misfits and lowlifes. There are former elders, bethelites, and occasional CO or DO.

Perhaps it would be a bit less offensive if those of use who weren't elders, bethelites and/or CO or DO's weren't labeled as exjw misfits & lowlifes.

• talesin
    talesin

When I first read this thread, I felt uncomfortable with the list, but I wasn't quite sure why. I have been following the discussion since ...

Xena, I think you hit the nail on the thread. As usual, you are very articulate. Yes, I feel the same way.

{{{grace}}}

Don't leave, granny, your wisdom and counsel is much needed here !!!

We are listening. I for one am glad you told us just how you feel. It's important to have our true "ELDERS" (OLDer and wise ones) speak up when there is an important issue on the table.

Time and again, I read people talking about how the R&F is the true backbone of the WTS. Brooklyn will listen when MORE publishers leave the cult, thus reducing their REVENUE.

Who cares whether they 'look up' to us???? I for one, could give a flying fig.

It seems to me that instead of criticizing these women for speaking their mind {{{flower}}} {{{mouthy}}} and {{{the rest}}}, you should be saying,

"ALL YOU LURKERS, SEE????? WOMEN HAVE AN EQUAL VOICE ON JWD!!"

Why not say,

"Yes, I see your point. We are sorry that this list is exclusionary. We still feel, though, that the GB or other lurkers will, in their infinite dubdom, understand that they are losing people that THEY consider some of their best. To that end, we feel the list is useful."

This would, imho, be much more productive and would acknowledge the real pain I am hearing.

What I hear is people asking for VALIDATION. Let's not forget that we are supposed to be supportive, not argumentative and punishing women for having an opinion that is contrary to the higher-ups.

talesin

(and no, don't PM me cause I'm neither 'upset' nor 'emotional', it's just my 2 cents)

• nilfun
    nilfun

Great post, Talesin.

For over a year I lurked as an elder on H2O and this board. For some time I feared I was the most evil appointed servant in the history of the organization for lurking here. Gradually I learned I was not alone.

JW Elders reading this, you are not alone.

The above is a great way to state the purpose of the thread

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

oops wrong place..

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Many of us women, were mistreated while we were dubs. It goes way back to when we were daughters , just little girls, when our fathers got on the stage and read the soooooooo many scriptures of how son's were soooo special. I always hated that. I was everything a son could have been ( except for that organ....lol) and I tried so hard to do whatever I could to prove it. I would work side by side with my Dad in service, at KH buildings, I would ride with him out of town when he gave talks.

As a grown woman married to an elder, there was alot of sacrifice on my part and that of my children due to my husbands responsibilites to help others. I kept that in mind that if he was able to help othes in his role as elder , it was Jehovah's blessing and our family as a whole would be blessed. I never wanted to have an exhaulted privilege and many times, being a very young elder's wife, I got some really hatefull comments.......Elderette!!!!!!!!!. I was so far from what that snide remark meant. It hurt my feelings that anyone would think that I wanted to be an elderette, or try to run things in the hall. I had no say at all as some thought, I had no extra knowledge of private matters as some thought.

I do know there were some elders wives who wanted their presense known and did want to have credit for being an elder's wife. I always thought.. big freakin' deal,,,,, I have better things I would rather do , than know about everyone's problems, I have my own. I kept my problems to myself and kept myself out of others business.

I can see in this thread if some might feel that being called a misfit or lowlife was offensive, but maybe that was just a bad choice of words, as I am sure it was not meant in that way.

I said it before, in a previous post here,,,,,,,,,this thread was started to help new ones to see not only a great exodus of publishers male and female , but also the ones who had positions that left. I know I was shocked to find out that DO's had left........it left me wanting to know why,,,,because all the DO's I ever knew were such YES men that I would have never thought they would leave. I wondered what on earth was so bad in the organization , that made them leave?

It was very heart breaking for my husband as an elder to walk away from the friends in our congregation. He knew that they would surely not have someone on their side who was alot more merciful when they had problems. He ended up having to leave for his own sanity and his own priniciples, even thou he tried to stay for them for as long as he could.

Another thing.................there are many lawsuits going on rigth now with the WT, and there may be a need for these elders , DO's CO's Bethelites, to be called to court to testify on child abuse cases. They are going to be called , because they were eyewitnesses and can prove that there were letters, things in writing, details that we do not know about. This is going to be a big down fall for the WT when the ex elders show their faces in court. The courts will not just think it is the victims out wanting justice for what was done to them.........as they very well deserve justice. But it will give just a little extra testimony , a little extra tool for a jury to see what was really going on , someone who was not immediate family. Many ex elders did leave because of the child abuse issues. It will be interesting to the courts to find that out. So many people in this world, think that all JW's are crazy,,,,,,,,and we have to stand together, the victims, the publishers, the women , the men, the children , ex elders etc. in order to take the WT down. When it goes down once and for all, it will not be the ex elders and those who had positions who did it,,,,,,,,,it will be a joined effort on all our our part. United we stand, divided we fall.......in time all of our voices will be heard.

My husband has already been approached with this, and it could be a very horrible thing to have to go to court and admit the things you went along with while a JW, because you thought you were doing the right thing. Now they see , how mislead they were just like the rest of us.

I do feel really sorry for all the ones who had these privilegdes , who have trouble sleeping at night for judgements they may have handed down to others. Just stop and think for a moment the many things these exelders had to listen to , do, and often times felt so helpless when it came to problems with the friends. Many have alot of guilt for just being part of the body of elders, even if they tried to go against the other elders and keep someone in , instead of d/f them.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I am a misfit. I am not a lowlife.

"Misfits"Hey bro props at the after show
    Can you tell me where the greenbuds grows?
    I'd like to say you turned my life around

I lost myself outside again
    With the sound running through my head
    Drowned out way out in the crowd
    and the crowd goes singing

My people are the misfits
    The ones that don't fit in
    With the smile I know it comes within
    I can feel you in the corners laughing when the lightings low

They say
    Tick tick. tell me where the time goes
    Oh life, you know it moves much to slow