FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    No, you didn't fail. You conveyed that intent well
    ((((Flower))))

I agree! (Which was what I was trying to say in my PM to you.)

Here's something to think about: If any of us, while IN the Borg, had said anything like what we have in this thread, how many of us would have been (1) hauled before a JC, (2) publicly reproved, (3) disfellowshipped? Yet, lifting my head cautiously from a vat of chocolate pudding and looking around, I see we are all still here. Now I call that "freedom"!

See you in Room 210!

Nina

• gumby
    gumby
    See you in Room 210!

You have rooms already?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    See you in Room 210!
    You have rooms already?

Fluffing the pillows and putting a chocolate on them.

I love you guys, you rock!

Peace everyone!

Kate

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Little Toe:

Rabbit:Excellent post!!! (although a little wordy. You've gotta word on that wordiness thing, bro, before it gets out of hand. I give you two "Good"s, but would like you to work on "Coherence Through Connectives" )!

Aw-right, Aw-right, I know. But, I have a note from my back surgeon, it says, :To Ross's Little Toe and any others: God knows he talks too much, as for the incoherance...this boy's on narcotics, he's on drugs, whadda ya' expect?

(signed under oral distress) Dr. Backcutter, D.O.A.

My story and I'm stickin' to it ! ~ da Wabbit !

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

How about he makes a list for both the boys *and* the girls, including time in, service at Bethel, pioneering, elder, whatever. Then both groups can be included on the list with notes of a person's service. The "notes" section will show what the person wants it to show, *and* the new lurkers can see how many impressive records there were for *both* the boys and girls! Even 2 years in is too much, and I would call such a soul a "survivor", as are they all! Just a suggestion.....

CG

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Great idea Country Girl Perhaps coming from a women, someone will pick up on it !

• Joyzabel
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

what would keep the lurkers from thinking the list is just a bogus attempt to impress?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, I tried to post earlier but my computer locked up and I got logged off line. That was a couple of days ago.

I want to say that I understand the reasoning behind posting this list. I appreciate having this list. I never felt the elders were better than the regular publishers. I never thought they thought they were better than the regular publishers.

I knew some elders who were very kind, caring and sincere. I would say they were the majority. I also knew some elders who were very opinionated and hurt people because they shoved those often harmful opinions down everyone's throats. For the most part though, those elders were in the minority. I forgive those guys because they knew not what they were doing in most cases. They were human. To err is human.

I feel like elders who are wise enough to get the hell out of dodge have a lot more to feel guilty about than those of us who were never elders or MSs. Thank goodness we women could not become elders. We don't have that burdon on our consciences to this day.

I have a much bigger problem with brothers who leave the org, but still continue to have a superior and superficial attitude towards women. Former brothers don't have to be former elders to have that problem.

Thank you former elders for the time you gave in all sincerity. Yes, it is encouraging to me to know who you are. Thank you for telling us who you are. Not all ex JWs will find this list beneficial (and that's cool, too) but a lot of us will.

Flyin'

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I'd offer my place, but it's across the pond. How about Dallas, Bradford Suite - Room 210!

LT, you are just cracking me up to no end lately! I'll supply the pudding!

I have to admit, I'm tickled that I have possibly added something to the exJW lexicon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit