B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

by LittleToe 131 Replies latest members adult

• Sirona
    Sirona

(((((ROSS & your sister)))))

That is awful, I hope somehow they'll realise their mistake before the wedding.... maybe your sister could write a letter to them or something so that the message gets across without angry words,

Anyway, thinking of you,

Sirona

x

• smurfette
    smurfette

I'm sorry for what your sister's going through, & like just about everyone else here, I've been there too. I was royally cheesed (politely wording much stronger feelings) at my family when they spontaneously boycotted my wedding too. Now I'm glad they weren't there as they would have just been casting judgement on everything and making everyone uncomfortable anyway.

Best wishes- Margy

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I felt the same way Smurfette, it's hurtful that they cannot be happy for you and turn up to share your day but when you are in the midst of it you are glad you don't have the hassle of watching out for who they are going to offend

• Englishman
    Englishman

Thus Brooklyn religion is just barmy. Sorry about this, Ross, give your sister a big hug from me.

What is incredible is that my own dub parents leaned on me to get married to HL with all possible speed! I'd already been DF'd before we met. Then a few months after we'd met, we started living together, and my parents were besides themselves with anguish at the thought of us "living in sin" and pushed hard for us to wed.

Absolutely bonkers the whole bloody lot of 'em. What a bunch of shits to advise someone not to go to their own daughters wedding.

Fuck 'em.

Englishman.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I just remembered a situation in the local hall with a wedding. Get this : two "faithful" JWs getting wed, but the groom's brother was DF and was going to be at the reception. The groom just wouldn't say he coudn't be there. Anyway, we all accepted their invite to the wedding until 1 week before the wedding a stupid elder started saying we shouldn't go because we would be sitting down to a meal with the DF'd guy. The poor bride found that all her congregation didn't attend at the last minute (imagine the cost of food going to waste blah blah). That is the pressure JWs are under.

Then a couple of years later when I'd already left, I attended a JW wedding and I spent a good half hour talking to a DF'd guy (the brides uncle), whilst all the "faithful" JWs watched from their half of the room. They obviously didn't have a problem attending a wedding now where there would be a DF person! and they didn't DF me for talking to the DF guy - they didn't even bat an eyelid.

Sirona

• Guest 77
  • Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Little Toe: I consider you one of the finest people on this board and that's saying something because there are a lot of great people here. For you to post this I know you are in great distress! And I am sure you will keep in mind that I am a very reactionary little maverick, so you will forgive me if I am out on line. But I raised my daughter alone and even though she was NEVER a baptized JW her mother, (who lives four miles from here) shuns her and never talks to her.

I would hire the best photographer money can buy. Take many beautiful pictures and fill two wedding albums. One like the one the married couple will have and one with blank spots in the album where the brides parents and brother should have been, and write in the blank spots "Not present thanks to the WTS"! I would put on the cover of the album "To the shameful parents of Mr and Mrs -------------! Place a note inside telling them of what they missed and if they ever wish to be forgiven, all they have to do is apologize and they will be given the other photo album! I would have a special messager deliver the second album to them at the Kingdom Hall!

If or when my daughter ever gets married you know I will do this to her mother....the bitch! Maverick

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Little Toe, you have a great opportunity to help your parents (at least open the door) to see the difference between what the scriptures say about 'certain' social events especially when it comes to family ties, compared to an organizational view. This is a family matter, it's personal, what the the organization has to say is none of their concern. The least they could have said is, it's a matter of conscience.

You may want to remind your dad what Jesus said about his 'yes' meaning 'yes' at Matthew 5:37. He should not renege on his initial committment. Does marriage 'become' a pagan rite when one is disfellowshipped in the eyes of Jehovah or the organization?

You may want to review Jesus's being in attendence at a wedding in Ca'na, and performing, (yes) his first miracle of turning water into wine! Now, there are are NO details about this wedding. Also, wasn't Jesus accused of eating and drinking with sinners? Did his father Jehovah forbid him to attend such gatherings and mingling with such people? Did Jesus misuse his miracle powers at this wedding?

Did not Jehovah 'clothed' the first human pair when they were cast out of Eden? Did not Jehovah 'aid' Eve in the birth of Cain? Gen 4:1. How does the organization explain such a loving and concern treatment on the part of Jehovah AFTER expelling them from the garden? Will they counsel Jehovah and bring him before a judicial committee for aiding and abetting the expelled couple?

Enough said, these are just a few thoughts you may want to consider and share.

Guest 77

• scotsman
    scotsman

I've already pmed this to LT.

Continuing to battle with your parents over this is futile. The hold the religion has over them is stronger than the ties of natural affection. It sounds like their decision has caused them a lot of pain, particularly your Mum. This doesn't excuse the rotteness of their decision, or your brother's intervention with advice from Bethel, but fighting with the brick wall of their belief will only make you feel angrier and angrier.

You're right to be angry, but focussing on making the wedding brilliant (I hope it's a ceilidh!) will be much better for you and your sister.

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

Don't you all know by now that this is what JWs live for? Appearances, mere appearances before men.

Bastards, men-worshippers!!!

SY here, DY elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit