B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

by LittleToe 131 Replies latest members adult

• codeblue
    codeblue

LT:

I second what Scully just wrote.

I am so happy you are there for your sister. She knows who she can really count on. I hope she has a wonderful wedding. Nobody should ever do anything to take away from that special day: shame on the parents...

So sorry this is happening to you and your sister. I can relate to what is happening but on a different note in my life:

When I remarried almost 4 years ago, NONE of my sisters came to the wedding. (3 are JW's, one is Lutheran) Both me and Mr. CB where JW's in good standing. My parents had died before I was 28....so all I had left was my sisters. I was so disappointed because they knew of the painful divorce I had went thru 2 years before....I just wanted some support, like one of my sisters coming to the wedding. To this day I will never understand why none of them showed up.

Codeblue

• Xena
    Xena

((((Ross)))) I know how much this must hurt Just be glad your sister at least has you there for her....your a good man you know

• JeffT
    JeffT

This is the sort of story that just makes me sick at what this religion does to people.

Please tell your sister that she, her fiance and yourself are all in my prayers. I hope you all find the comfort and love you deserve. For that matter your parents are in my prayers. Maybe they'll wake up.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Ross,

I got married in september and had exactly the same thing. I was df'd in '90 and after several years of being shunned but not caring my dad started calling me. Ironically it was when he needed support when his marraige was going through a rough patch. Anyhoo, I work with computers and daddy dearest (an elder and a prize piece of shit if ever there was one) bought a computer and I would get weekly calls to fix the latest thing he screwed up.

Fast forward 5 years and two relationships later. I got engaged on the 1st November 2002 and phoned my dad to tell him the good news that we were getting married in sept 2003. He was coming and was pleased. He'd always said he'd come to my wedding and was very pleased I was finally doing the 'right thing' and even made the point that there would be nothing stopping me coming back to the dubs. Until that is a few months later. I got a call one friday afternoon while at work where he informed me that it 'troubled his conscience' to still be associating with me and that it would be looked down on in the congregation if an elder were to be going to a df'd persons wedding.

My last words to him were 'sanctimonious twat' and they will remain the last words I say to him till he dies.

I'm still damn angry that someone who has caused so much hurt throughout my childhood felt the need to try to twist the knife even then when it was the happiest day of my life. In the end I was glad he didn't come as I got quite drunk and doing 6 months for GBH would not have been the best start to married life.

As it was he wasn't missed. The people I had at my wedding were my friends and were people I loved dearly and really wanted to be there.

Support your sister and show her you still love her and that your love is not conditional or hypocritical. Defeat the evil through love and through happiness.

Steve

• reboot
    reboot

((((Ross))))) i hope they come round and have a REAL crisis of concience and just turn up.I'm so sorry your (((sister))) has got this to cope with.

Sometimes I think witnesses try to purposely 'find' reasons to be antagonistic and cause upset to 'prove' to us just how far they think we are from 'the truth' and to punish us for leaving.

I can't understand how they can seem proud of their rigid, unbending, misguided faith that alienates them from people who love them and makes them wear their Christianity like a cruel badge.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

Sounds about right, though I think your being far too polite.

Brumm

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    We've experienced similar things like this (always of course, done at the last minute) and it really shows a lack of courtesy and consideration.

They all say this is a matter of following their conscience. (SP?) Thats horsepucky as far as I'm concerned. If that were true they would have been up front with it from the beginning (not that that would make it any easier). This last minute thing is nothing more than cowardice in my opinion.

Like my mom, for instance who I have not talked to in years because I'm dead. My youngest brother still talks to her occasionally because she thinks she can still talk him back. So she's on the phone with him one day and he hears his older two brothers (elders) come noisily into the room. "Mom, who are you talking to?" "NO ONE" she says, loudly, (in a whisper to Cory:) "I have to go now, bye."

I think that they truly know they are wrecking your sister's day and they think that they will make an even bigger point by doing so. As if that would make her want to go back.

All I can say is, I'm deeply sorry for this situation that you find yourself in and I too think your sister is blessed to have you in her life to stand up for her. At some point this is totally going to piss her off and then she may feel free to give them a piece of her mind too.

Gretchen

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((Ross)))))

I'm so sorry that the evil slave can get to you. That's what hurts. Control of your family. B*st*rds is right.

You are such a wonderful example of a true Christian. I'm sure your sister appreciates you more that she can say.

Please be kind to yourself, when you calm back down.

Hugs,

Joy

• pc
    pc

LT, I feel so sorry for your sister and you. I remember when my brother got married I was 18 and had just gotten disfellowshipped. Of course they removed my dad also. All the elders did not want me to be allowed to go to my brothers wedding. I said I don't care I'm going you'll have to throw me out. I remember walking around the reception hall and feeling so low. The funniest thing was they all talked to me when no one was looking. I just can't imagine parents not going to their childs wedding, but being raised a witness I know it's true. That's the saddest point. I hope her day is fantastic and wonderful. By the way, that was my parent's anniversary date and they had a great marriage even with being JW's.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LittleToe,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You sound like a very concerned brother. Your sister is lucky.

When I was in the organization, I spent a lot of time stressing about what my wedding would be like, since my dad is DA'd. And I wasn't even close to getting married! Shame on an organization that systematically causes such human hurt.

Best wishes to you and your sister.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit