B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

by LittleToe 131 Replies latest members adult

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((Ross))))))))))))))))) I know it's of little comfort, but I know you sister is glad she has you by her side.

I'm a firm believer of Karma and believe me, they will suffer over this one day.

• Aztec
    Aztec

LT, be proud to walk your sister up the aisle! You are a good brother and that's more than a lot of people get in their lifetime. Stand proud and enjoy the fact that your sister has found someone. That is a miracle unto itself.

~Aztec

• Odrade
    Odrade

(((LT))) will you be my little brother too? I'm collecting them. There's nothing that warms a sister's heart like her brother riding to the rescue. Even though your parents' choices are terrible for you both, you can be sure that your defense of her eased your sister's hurt a little.

Hugs to you both and warm congratulations to your sister and fiance.

Odrade

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

(((((Ross)))))

Your post takes me back to when my oldest sister was getting married. She had been DF'd for attending another church a couple of years prior. I was a hardcore JW, but when I received the wedding invitation, I felt I was being faced with a test: be loyal to Jehovah or be "weak" and attend the wedding. Such is the JW cult mind. It pained me enough that I consulted the elders in my congregation. They didn't forbid my attendance but said a "real Christian" would stand firm and not attend. I felt terrible and agonized over it, but when my sister got married, her own mother and two sisters and three brothers (including me) shunned her out of loyalty to the Watchtower and were not there. Only my father, who has never been a JW, was at her wedding. The rest of her immediate family stayed away. Her new husband did not understand. My sister was deeply hurt over that.

Of course, years later, after my sister had a couple of kids, I eventually left the JWs and looked up my sister again. I asked her forgiveness for my terrible treatment of her for a number of years. She forgave me and we are close now. Her husband and I are good friends.

I'm glad your sister has a member of her family to be with her at her wedding. Family isn't necessarily your blood relatives. The JW experience makes that very clear. Family are the people you love and the people who love you.

take care, mate.

• rem
    rem

LT,

Man that is a hard thing to go through. My JW dad didn't come to my brother's wedding just a few months ago. Not sure if he would come to mine if I got married either. It's too bad what that religion does. Alienation of affection is what it is. If only they could see what they look like!

rem

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Argh!!! ...Little Toe ... I'm so sorry for the way your parents are treating your sister.

My daughter did not invite me to her wedding because I'm disfellowshipped. It hurt baaaad. I wasn't sure how I'd make it through the wedding day. I did survive, though. And I did okay. And your sister will, too. She is blessed to have you in her life, LT. She is loved by you and her fiance ... and that is what matters. Even your parents love her ... they are just scared to demonstrate it.

Yup ... FEAR ... bottom line ... JWS is a religion of FEAR.AFRAID not to follow the dub rules.

Ick!

One day their behaviour will bite them in the a$$!!! Karma or sumthin' ...

ESTEE

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and I understand completely.

• nilfun
    nilfun

This is so sad. I'm so sorry ((LT & sister))). Where did that "natural affection" go? Too bad they won't see their lovely daughter walking down the aisle on her special day. They will forever regret this decision.

God, I hope they start thinking for themselves and change their minds.

I hope your sister stands proud with her head held high on her wedding day. Those that shun are the ones who should feel ashamed.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

LittleToe, sorry to hear about you and your sister's situation. I'm sorta going through the same thing, but it has nothing to do about the Society. My father is saying that he's not coming to my wedding. He has no good excuse. He's pissed off that I'm not living at home and living the life that he wants me to live.

Why do parents have to be ideots sometimes?

• kat2u
    kat2u

Last year when my jw daughter was married i was not allowed at the reception because of being disfellowshipped and i was as mother of the bride shunned at her wedding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit