B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

by LittleToe 131 Replies latest members adult

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I'm sorry to hear of your sister's latest heartbreak.

xjw_B12 and I went through a similar thing when we were getting married. He was an unbaptized publisher. We were in goodstanding with the congregation, going out in service, taking part in meetings, but because he was unbaptized his Presiding Overseer,uncle who performed marriages, refused to marry us in the Kindgom hall. Because his own uncle did not want to marry us that filtered out through the congreations. My maid of honour, phoned me up at work and told me she couldn't stand up for me and xjw's cousin who was going to be his best man, withdrew from the wedding. My own brother (who at the time was looking for an eldership) and his wife bowed out of the wedding. We had to call on friends, that were from out of town to stand up for us. We had to get married by the Justice of the Peace. We had a very small reception of close friends.

It's a very painful experience to go through. Not something I'd like to relive again.

Sorry Littletoe.

This godforsaken religion just does not "get it". The lives they have damaged and continue to damage and the hate that is breed from it.

Take care

Love

cj

• waiting
    waiting

((((((((((((((((((((Pretty Billygoat!)))))))))))))))))))

As soon as I read Ross' post where he would be standing where "his father ought" - I thought of you and your gorgeous husband surrounded on your sunny wedding day -by friends who truly liked you and your husband.....not because of your religion/race/nation....but becaused they liked you.

What a compliment to you that was - and is.

If Ross & family can remember that - well, the shunners are shown for what they are - brittle, little minded people. Some jw's are so hurt by their own actions of shunning - yet they still do them....much like a parent beats their child with a literal rod "for his own good" - the parent thinking that this will make the child a better, happier, child.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Ross)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My nephew was in the exact same predicament. He married a beautiful young woman, has two lovely, rowdy boys, and her family accepts him for what he is....a handsome, fine, man & daddy.

His own parents & family have completely shun him and his family for over a decade now. I don't know how he continues to have any love for them....but he does. He's a better person than I. But he's a happy man, husband & father.

Imho, you're a better choice to share your sister's wedding day than your parents. If they can't show their love to their children..........well, they've chosen their master - the WTBTS.

Living a happy and good life is the best revenge.

• elamona
    elamona

The best revenge is NO revenge. Have the happiest wedding around in 2 centuries and watch the faces sag and droop and listen to all of the naysayers have to eat their words. Do not allow them to CONTROL your happiness. You and your sister do not have to give them that kind of control. Enjoy your lives without them- that's the best revenge you could possibly have. Have a happy wedding!!!!!!!!!

• Mystery
    Mystery

(((Ross & Little Sister))))

I agree with all above. This is your sisters day. Not mom or dads or anyone else's.

After the initial anger and resentment pass; if the concentration is that it really is Her Day it will be complete.

"My family" did not come to my wedding. My husbands family was there - all nine brothers and sisters from all over the country!

During the middle of my reception, i slipped away for a few minutes and wrote myself a note on a napkin. "Remember how happy you are this moment... and look back to it when you are feeling down." I still remember that "moment". Those that loved me were with me. That is all that matters.

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Mystery,

During the middle of my reception, i slipped away for a few minutes and wrote myself a note on a napkin. "Remember how happy you are this moment... and look back to it when you are feeling down."
    I still remember that "moment". Those that loved me were with me. That is all that matters.

Now, THAT idea (along with your napkin) is a keeper. Remember our happiness

• core
    core
    It seems their mind is made up.

Try to to understand that their mind is made up because of the poison poured into it - hard to do / easy to say - but you should appreciate that they are trapped in mind games with no way out - blame the Borg - feel sorry for your parents as they are victims too.

Any arrangement of people - organisation or what - that promotes creepy little people to be elders who then need to crawl to the branch for approval to do/not do something really does deserve to be brought down.

Not any consolation but we are all thinking of you & your sister in this sorry episode.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Little Toe,

I am sorry for the situation. The beliefs of the JWs are cold and condeming; and lacking the very love and support they profess.

Your sister is fortunate to have such a supportive brother; hang in there. We all make our own decisions in life, and ultimately we are responsible for them.

regards, Frank

• Valis
    Valis

Phone Convo to London Bethel

Ring Ring..

Brother Could Care less: London Bethel, how can we help?

Brother Inlaw Stupid Head: Ya, I'm an elder in Scotchland and it came to my attention the my apostate sister is getting married.

Brother Could Care less: I see, and you don't know if you should go? A conscience problem eh olde chap?

Brother Inlaw Stupid Head: Well, not my conscience really. You see my parents might be going and I just can't stand to see them ruin their reputation with Jehovah just so they an see their child's happiest day. What would Jehover do?

Brother Could Care less: Hmm well, make sure to remind your parents that Jehovah will be pissed, your dad's rubbage disposal privilidges will be taken away and your mum woun't be able to arrange the fake flowers from here on out.

Brother Inlaw Stupid Head: Golly gee Brother CCL, such divinely inspired counsel from the faithless and insipid slave. Thanks again and may Jehover bless you.!

Click.

Sorry to hear of your frustrating and very hateful situation LittleToe...mush love and good thoughts from the texas Branch.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Little Toe and sister..

I hate this J.W. stuff. Screwing up, what should be, ... a "A JOYOUS FAMILY OCCASION" A time to be together and celebrate the steps another family member is taking.

IT'S like this "Freakin" religion has a Freakin' rope tied around it's members neck.

By reading some of the posts here. I get the impression that your mom and Dad were going to attend the wedding... and then brother do gooder shot off his mouth....I have a family member like that and it makes it hard to forgive them.

I feel so bad for your sister, Little Toe.. but glad she has got you to pull up the slack.

I also feel for your parents.. It is unnatural for parents to have to choose their daughter over the religion. But that is what they are forced to do... Crappy Cult!!!...

If there is a GOD.. and hell, I don't know anymore.. I'm sure he would want his followers to to support their family first...above all things.

Now I'm getting a headache.. I really hate what J.W.'s do to families.... It sucks!!!

sincerely

Special K

p.s. Sometimes to keep under J.W. radar I have seen couples have their weddings video taped (in detail) so that J.W. Parents can see it later.. without telling any "brother do gooders". I've heard of J.W. moms and dads watching the video of their child getting married and crying through the whole video. They are so torn because they were not allowed to attend.

• kls
    kls

Little toe, i went through this with my daughters wedding.My jw husband refuse to walk his own daughter down the isle because she got married in a luthern church.If that wasn't bad enough he refused to even go to the church, but after a lot of fighting we got him to go and stand at the door of the church.I feel the same way you do and hate this family wrecking cult. KLS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit