B*st*rd, F*cking B*st*rds!!!!!

by LittleToe 131 Replies latest members adult

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

God is Love -- the witnesses do not show - -I am really sorry Little Toe - -I really am - it is despicable behavior and just no way for your sister to be treated

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks for all the comments and PMs. I truly appreciate it, and shall pass them on.

I didn't think of the "yes, yes, no, no" text. I'll hold onto that one.
    I'm already thinking of Matt.9:13 "Go, then, and learn what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice.'"

I tossed and turned for hours last night, before finally sleeping for a few hours. I awoke angry, which is anoher first. But in the middle of the night something occured to me that is so simple, yet profound:
    They are high on morals but low on ethics.

Mouthy:I'm trying to, sis, and that was constantly in my prayers, in the wee hours. I just can't do it yet. I want to, but the blade is still in the wound, and will likely be twisting right up until the day has passed.

Odrade:
    I'll be a big brother to you, if you like. I'm older than you

Eman:
    Did you just use the "F" word? It seems I'm not the only one rankled to that degree. It's about the only word I've never actually used in my life.

• Panda
    Panda

Little Toe, You are a good brother. My Mom said she wouldn't come to our wedding (>30yrs ago) But she wasn't a JW. I think the whole control thing with some parents knows no religious boundaries. I've almost seen a gleem in peoples eyes when they get the chance to lord it over and ruin a special day. Of course the difference btwn your dub family and my non-dub family is that my Mom did finally come to the nuptials. The dubs get all kinds of sympathy for NOT attending.

• smurfy
    smurfy

I am so sorry to hear about that. My fiance's parents will not be attending our May wedding either. I think I am almost over it now though. I was really ticked off at first and didn't understand how they could do that to their youngest son. But, after months of engagement, no phone calls, no visits, no anything.... If they care that much about him then forget it. My family is more than willing to accept him and they will all be their to support us. I could never EVER turn my back on my child no matter what the reason is so if they can really live with upsetting a child then I guess it just shows the kind of person you are dealing with. I did the whole thing of trying to plan the wedding according to their wishes but then I realized something. I was totally giving in to them. I was pretty sure the next thing that would happen would be the door knockers would start showing up more often. Well, I am not about to deal with that. I am the one getting married not them. Well, anyways, sorry about the rant. I hope things will get better for you and your sister. Keep us posted.

Take care--Smurfy

• acsot
    acsot

I just read this thread now, LT I am so sorry for what your sister and you are going through. How can JWs say they are following their Bible trained conscience when they have to ask others what they may or may not do? What a twisted, warped way of thinking the WTS has managed to mold with its followers.

I hope your sister sees how many people here care for her. It's also so very sad to see how many have gone through such pain because of a bunch of power-hungry old men.

((((((LT)))))))))

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((Ross and sister))))))))))))

I am so very sorry for your pain. Personally, I think your anger falls under the category of "righteous indignation" and think you need only let that anger go if you find it is damaging to YOU, personally. I also think your insight was very wise, Ross, JWs ARE low on ethics.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. -- Eric Hoffer

I'm not sure whether to pray for a change of heart on your parents' part or not -- the emotional roller coaster of "yes" "no" "yes" might be very difficult for you and your sister. I will pray, however, that it be resolved in the way that is best for you, her and her fiance.

Another scripture that comes to mind is my favorite: I John 4:7,8 (JB) "My dear people, let us love one another since love comes from God and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Anyone who fails to love can never have known God, because God is love."

With sadness,

Brenda

• freedom96
    freedom96

Little Toe-

I feel bad for your sister, and all who are affected.

This is another prime example of how the WTS destroys families. Not very Christ like is it? I cannot believe that God promotes this kind of sick twisted view of the bible that the WTS teaches.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I perhaps forgot to mention, that the little guy that I posted a previous thread about (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64099/1.ashx) is my sisters boy. They aren't just what remains of my family, they are my closest family - and blood.

If I get permission, and half a chance, I'll post a pic.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I only read the first page, so this might be a repeat of someone else's comments.

I am so sorry, Ross. I can only imagine how your sister must be feeling. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of control some JW's allow the congregation to have over them.

Why couldn't they just go, and leave it at that? Why tell everyone what your business is? That's what I would have done, and did do! A friend's df'd son got married, I went, and just didn't tell. Neither did any of the other JW's (his family) that were there. We all just kept it to ourselves.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ross and Sister)))))

I am so sorry to hear about this. As you know almost two years ago, I went through a similar situation. Upon announcement of our engagement, I offered to tailor the ceremony in exchange for my parents attendance. Of course, they didn't come. I was heartbroken. There is still a bit of sadness in my heart, but it's not for my loss. It's for the loss of my folks. Not being able to walk a daughter down her wedding aisle is something my father will have to live with for the rest of his life. But the sadness did NOT overshadow our beautiful wedding day. I refused to let it do so. The wedding day was perfect in every way because those that DID love me were in attendance. THAT is what I focused on. I no longer have my fleshly parents, but God has provided other people in my life that ARE wonderful parents!

And another thing...our wedding day was but one day in our beautiful marriage! Please tell your sister to not let their lack of attendance get her too down. She does have a choice in how she emotionally looks at this! Neil and I have the blessing of a beautiful marriage - he is my best friend, lover, confidant, stronghold. I get to spend the rest of my life with him!!! Don't let your sister focus on that one day - there are thousands of blessing-filled days ahead of her with her dear fiance. She just needs to focus in that direction!

It's unfortunate that I know too well the pain your sister is experiencing...but for your sister's sake I am glad. She is not alone! In the meantime, I am praying for healing and solace for your whole family. And as someone else suggested...take LOTS of pictures...that's all they'll have to refer back to that day 20 years from now.

Lots of Christian love, hugs, and kisses!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit