Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I know/have known quite a few...at least 20 that I can think of off the top of my head.

Some have been DF’d and never come back deciding to live their own life, some have been DF’d multiple times for it, but keep coming back for more self-inflicted punishment, one left and got heavy into the drug/risky sex scene and returned and openly acknowledges to all that he’s gay (but doesn’t practice now). A few somehow successfully faded and are now openly gay and show it on social media...not sure how their PIMI families reconcile that one. Another poor PIMI guy I know is bi (will be honest about it with close friends), but when he drinks a lot (which is often) he’s known to get pretty handsy with other guys...so it’s probably just a matter of time with him.

Finally, pretty sure one of the WT “movie stars” is. I know him very well (and think he’s a really decent guy) and if anyone just met him on the street or in a bar they’d assume he was an openly gay actor on Broadway. I feel bad for him.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have known a good number who were, one or two who were DF'd for it, many still "in the closet".

The most interesting one was a guy who openly told about his "Gay Period" like it was a phase in his Artistic life. He was single until quite late in life, then "married" a younger JW lady. I doubt they had sex, but I may be wrong. She was attractive !

Since renouncing his gay ways, 30 years ago or more,he was used on most Circuit Conventions in our Circuit, and served regularly as a substitute C.O, despite his very public past. Not that I judge the JW's for that, I think it was brave of them.

What a sad life for them if someone who is gay chooses to stay in such a religion !

You have to renounce, or at least hide and suppress, who you ARE !

• ssn587
    ssn587

Yes

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm sure 99 per cent of the congregations have a gay person or a few, just like there's always the crazy sister or brother. I've said it here before I use the name Shirley W to show the hyprocrisy in da troof. She and her "roommate" attended the cong I grew up in they moved from FLorida to NY to my cong when I was about 9 or 10, which was five decades ago. How they remained faithful servants of Jah I'll never understand. Even when folks used to discuss them someone would always say, "well Jehovah will clean out his organization in due time". Besides them I think of quite a few obviously gay people who were baptized.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I know one JW that is a closeted gay person, and a JW in good standing. Everybody knows he is gay, but supposedly he does not act on it. . Just to mention that he is a hair dresser.....although I don't mean to reinforce a stereotype.

Also I have an uncle that is openly gay. He was a bethelite, but was asked (ordered) to leave because of gay activities. He has since left the troof.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I had two room mates in Bethel that were gay. Anyone remember Joel Reed? or Jerry North (at the farm). I must say they were very nice and considerate. As with all my room mates I never spent any time with them. I wonder where they are now.

Joel Reed was my brother's roommate in Bethel for awhile and he was also Fred Franz's personal secretary. He was as gay as they came. Mann377, you can find him on Facebook (And believe me, Joel has come a long, long way since his Bethel days)

• scotsman
  • ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

I'm gay and still hold to the JW view. It's a bloody rough ride.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I remember you Scotty (ScoobySnax). How's it hanging? are you still an inactive but believiing? Does that make you POMI in the new kids parlance?

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

I think it probably does Scotsman!! good to hear from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit