Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Of course the religion condemns homosexuality but did you know any gay Witnesses?

I knew some Bethelites that were very effeminate and I remember 4 women who were suspected of being lesbians by many in the congregation. They eventually moved away and were very vocal against males, especially elders.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I knew an elder when I was a young woman who was clearly gay. I guess he must have struggled for years in the organization because when I went back home to visit meany years later I found out they had DF him for being homosexual . He was a lovely man. So kind.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Yes.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yes, he is now deceased. He taught special needs children as a profession.Last time I saw him he said he was leaving everything to the WT. Yet when he died his will gave everything to his siblings , etc.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

No. Nobody does. According to their bronze age desert god such things are forbdiden. You can also change. Their so called holy book says “that is what some of you were”. So, no, nobody knows any homosexual jw’s, strickly speaking.

Now in practicality are there homosexual jw’s? Of course. Jw’s are a cross section of whatever culture they live amongst. Why anyone think there are NOT homosexual jw’s? Or left handed jw’s? Or jw’s with peanut allergies?

Or did you mean practicing or openly homosexual jw’s? If that was your question see point one.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of one Bethelite who was coached and tutored to be more. Masculine in order to receive district convention talks. They encouraged him to get married and he did “just so”.

They say President Knorr was a closeted gay may who finally married at a rather old age.

• Giordano
    Giordano

As with the Mormons I think people who are Gay drift away from the religion. If your not acceptable what's the point of hanging around? The belief system in both religions are very weak on a reality basis.

You really can't pray the Gay away.....and you shouldn't have to.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

All of have known some gay JW's even if we - and they - didn't realise it at the time. What of it Minimus? Who cares?

• mann377
    mann377

I had two room mates in Bethel that were gay. Anyone remember Joel Reed? or Jerry North (at the farm). I must say they were very nice and considerate. As with all my room mates I never spent any time with them. I wonder where they are now.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I certainly knew some to leave and then express their homosexuality. Good for them.

I knew men that were effeminate but that doesn't mean they were necessarily gay, and I knew women that were man haters but that doesn't mean they were gay either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit