Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Homosexuals - do you view them improperly? - ha ha!

TBH that sounds like an Awake! or Young People Ask article.

I should stop laughing soon ...

• scotsman
    scotsman
    ScottyRex7 minutes ago7 minutes ago7 minutes agoI think it probably does Scotsman!! good to hear from you.

I have a couple of gay friends in similar to you, appreciate how difficult that is. While it's not for me, have you tried joining the gay JW support site?

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

No that's not for me scotsman- I don't want to join any gay group. I'm ok as me. Funny thing is if I see gay people on telly, I don't identify at all. 'Oh look gay people....' lol.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    I'm ok as me

and that's a great place to be.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Yes, you can take one look at them and know....do they practice ? I'm not sure, but I know they are gay. One brother I know is gay but he is married and he walks around like he a big wheel but it's his father that is.

There are many in the org. that are gay, even females.

I have gay friends...worked in gay environments...it's not an easy life, at times it can be lonely....they didn't choose to be this way...

I've heard some parents say, if their child is gay, they'll beat it out of them...

So do I know any gay witnesses YES, but it's not discussed, so you can say you know them but can't mention whether they are gay or not...not up for discussion...not in the hall anyway.

Tor

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall for this very reason. I did not want to, what was it....bring 'Reproach on Jehovah's name'....

I didn't want to be gay and it sure has caused so many issues in my life. This was 1989. I'm a bit older now and wiser, but the hurt of being cut off and feeling like you couldn't be part still stings a bit.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Do you still believe the WTS is the FDS?

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a prominent elder that was married, served on special committees and was extensively used in district conventions who suddenly got separated from his wife. Everyone was totally mum about what was happening. Then the elder stopped going to meetings and it was revealed that he secretly visited gay clubs and had been doing it for years. So much for Holy Spirit in The appointment of elders!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes I did suspect when I was in and since leaving have had it confirmed by their own admission that they are gay both male and female.I think most have left or been DF by now. however they were actively gay as Jw`s.

And this is going back to the 70`s and 80`s .

• jambon1
    jambon1

A prominent CO in Scotland. Late 90’s

You'll never find a more suppressed gay man if you tried.

Complete company man too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit