Did You Know Any "Gay" Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I suspect a few Witnesses were not "straight" but didn't act on their sexual preferences.

I knew one up and coming Bethelite who was approached by the Bethel heavies and talked to about his "effeminate mannerisms" and was pretty much told that he could become a more prominent menmber of the Bethel Family if he "became more masculine looking" and preferably found a Bethel sister to marry. He followed the counsel and was thereafter a regular designated Bethel speaker at District Conventions. Interestingly, all of his Bethel buddies thought the whole scenario was a hoot, knowing that he was really an effeminate man suddenly now looking very hetero.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Yes, we had an elder in our congregation who was very feminine acting. He was married then divorced. He became openly gay upon his divorce (and df'ing). Me and the hubby saw him out once at a club after he came out. Kind of crazy to see him be so free with it but we are not judgmental about that choice so we chatted with him and went on our way.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I have my suspicions about a few. The only one I know of who was definately gay went to get help for his sexual leanings and was promptly reproved for it! Shortly afterwards he got DF even though he didn't act on his tendancies til after he was out.

Of course we only learned all this after the fact and after we'd cut him out of our lives for a few years. He was such a good friend so I'm glad we're back in contact now.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Many.

JWs and gays share an alternative lifestyle.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Knew they were AFTER they left and I love them both!

• minimus
    minimus

One of my relatives has always been thought of as being "gay" by those who aren't Witnesses. The fact that he is married surprises many people. Yet no one in my family regards him as maybe even being gay simply because he has a wife....OK.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I did, more than several of them. (I am not gay)

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, that headline for Gay Millionaire Dating is funny. Maybe he's a Jehovah's Witness.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes! I was shocked to find out that one brother I know even runs a website for gay Witnesses. I have known him for years but had no idea.

• jws
    jws

I probably thought some people were, but never found out whether or not they were or not. Like two close pioneer sisters that share an apartment together and never date.

The only one I know for certain was a girl who I didn't really associate with. When we went to the same hall, she was late teens, I was early teens. Found out from another waffling JW girl I know that she's openly gay now. And also found out another ex-JW I knew from that hall is also gay and lives with her. I don't know if they're a couple or not anymore though. So that's two.

I heard rumors about a guy at our hall and my brother-in-law's brother. My brother-in-law's brother was kind of effeminine. Although he did marry a girl. The other guy (probably 10 years older than me) used to like to chase my brother and I around and tickle us and like to have the older guys over to his place. Always well dressed with the latest fashions and a bit flashy. Blue-collar end of town and he's the only one with the bright color shirts in a sea of white shirts. He did marry (a girl). She's nice enough, but she looks like the most unfulfilled, frustrated, unhappy wife I've ever seen. Last I heard, he owned and operated a chimney sweep business and a thought occurred to me, but some people have failed to see the humor (or perhaps subliminal significance) in it, so I'll leave that one to be pondered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit