Were There/Are There A Number Of Gays At Bethel?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I remember the "boy's club" mentality from many of the Bethelites in the 70's and 80's. It seemed there were a number of males who were "effeminate" back in the day.

I knew of one guy that was told by the Bethel brass that he would "go places" at headquarters if he could learn to DEEPEN his voice and tone down his gestures a bit (and he was told it wouldn't hurt if he ever married a fellow Bethelite sister). This man was extensively used at conventions, became less "gay looking" and got married.

So my question is, did you see effeminate men in Bethel? If you did, did it make you wonder how that is possible in Jehovah's pure Organization?

• oompa
    oompa

you lookin for phone numbers and pics mini???.....hahahhahahaah..................oompa

not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Never had the Bethel experince. I knew a brother who was un-appologetically gay. He also was a MS and handled many large portions of the meeting. I never gave much thought as to his being used. I just took that he was gay, it was what it was, I'm not a practicing homosexual, so what more do I need to do? type thing. There were others, however who would all flock together. They would get together and study for the Watchtower as a group. I sat in on one of thier study sessions. Aside from their all being gay, they did not present to me any reason to raise the red fag?

• minimus
    minimus

lol

In the Northeast, we always had Bethelites visiting. The sistas were always trying to impress them. Some Bethelites were either extremely focused or simply didn't like the fine sistas.

• minimus
    minimus

Prophecor, I never thought being gay was acceptable. You make it sound like it was no big deal??

• prophecor
    prophecor

Redman. ever heard the statement, "Once a Marine Always a Marine" ? Same anal o'gee.

• minimus
    minimus

alrighty then.

• prophecor
    prophecor

The Palm Springs ad that keeps popping up kinda' giving me the kreeps. But, Minimus, really, he was kinda' cool. He was gay, you didn't have to ask as it was blatantly obvious. He had the guts to just stick it in your face and dare you to even question him, or his integrety to Jehovah.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

The "It's a choice" crowd really tick me off. As a straight man, there is no possible way I could "choose" to have sex with a man. If a man finds other men attractive, obviously it's in his chemistry and not the result of a conscious coin-flip. I give uber props to any Christian with a predisposition toward homosexuality who 'pummel their bodies and lead them as slaves'. All these fundie church groups and even JWs who believe you just go to the elders about it and they'll throw some WT articles at you and "pray the gay away"; I just want to punch someone in the head for being so stupid and ignorant while assuming the positions of counselors and psychotherapists.

• minimus
    minimus

In my neck of the woods, you could not be gay and still recognized as a good JW unless....you were in Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit