Does Being Around "Gay" People "Bother" You??

by minimus 170 Replies latest members adult

• minimus
    minimus

Today, there is more tolerance than ever regarding a person's sexuality. We might even feel that we are not biased against different people or groups. Yet, would you say that you are uncomfortable around homosexuals?

• neverthere
    neverthere

I am totally cool with gay people. Having grown up with my parents showing dogs we had ALOT of gay friends, infact, I didn't realize that this was not ok with people until I was a teenager. Never even fizzed on me that some people thought this was wrong.

Diana

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ha, it only bothers me when we end up with some fundamentalists who start trying to preach us up.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Well, I don't watch Will and Grace because the really flaming guy gets on my nerves like nothing else.

*ducks*

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

In general, no. But gays who are really into their feminine side make me feel a bit uncomfortable in public, ditto for dykes into their male side (but less so).

• blondie
    blondie

Not a bit...

I have worked with "gay" people since I started working.

We have had gay neighbors who were very helpful and fun.

The characteristics I dislike in "straight" people are the same ones I don't like in "gay" people.

I find that men tend to be more concerned though...

Blondie (never bothered me even when I was a JW)

• bem
    bem
    The characteristics I dislike in "straight" people are the same ones I don't like in "gay" people.

I was thinking the same thing....Being around gay men doesn't bother me....But the gay women I've been around are too open about inapropriate PDofA. Before any one gets upset,Over the top PDA is bothersome to me whether from straight-gay-or un-commited!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely not - I am extremely comfortable around gays - I have no hang-ups at all - I am so sure of my sexuality that there are zero conflicts

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It doesn't bother me. The longer I'm away from the org. the more comfortable I feel. I just see it as love and like the song says, "What the world needs now is love sweet love. It's the only thing that's there's just too little of."

I don't want to see any couple being demonstrative to an extreme in public though. I have young gay coworker who walked up to us with some pop rocks candy and told us what fun they can be ....I'd have preferred he have kept those details to himself.

But regular stuff and affection doesn't bother me coming from any kind of couple.

Flyin'

• frenchbabyface

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit