Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

personally--i really dont like the use of the word "gay". is it a sort of in yer face label ?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes , one was a missionary....

• jp1692
    jp1692

Stan,

I’m curious why you’d say that.

It may be different in other places, but where I live (Southern California) gay is the preferred term for self-identification by all the homosexual people I know.

What’s “in yer face” about it? Please explain.

• tiki
    tiki

I knew several.....elders .....parts on district programs. One stopped being a hypocrite and went on to live his life...I congratulated him privately for getting honest with himself and that got me to thinking that although I wasn't gay I was being just as much a hypocrite hanging onto a religion I did not believe in.

I grew up with a witness friend who probably is still in denial...she and her roommate...the roomate was pretty obvious about it..

But...bottom line...yes. Gays, straights...asexual.....whatever. All just silly human beans. What of it.

Ly

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Stan,

I’m curious why you’d say that.

It may be different in other places, but where I live (Southern California) gay is the preferred term for self-identification by all the homosexual people I know.

What’s “in yer face” about it? Please explain.

i dont see the need for a label. why the need to label someone as gay--homo--whatever. i dont need to call myself straight--or hetero.. i know a few guys who are de facto homosexual--only because they live with another man in a relationship. why the need to identify ?

as regards "in yer face" i was referring to some homosexuals who feel the need to try to create some sort of reaction. as far as i'm concerned--a person being homosexual means nothing --like if they are left handed--or vegetarian. its their life--not mine.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

What exactly is your point? Homosexuality is forbidden among JWs, that's why it's relevant on an ex-JW forum. How else can we talk about something without labelling it? Words are labels and labels are how we communicate. The word gay is the commonly accepted term for homosexual men.

What are you advocating, that we don't talk about the topic at all? Why would you want to stop people from talking about it? You're welcome to stay away, but it's not your place to shut down other people's conversations.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

talk about homosexuality all you want to--if you feel the need.

as i said--i dont like the use of the word "gay" thats all. i'm quite happy to use the word "homosexual"

and dont invite me to stay away from this forum.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    You must be fun at parties.
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Stan, thanks for explaining your view.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yes, I knew 3, 1 has now passed away from AIDS after leaving the JWdubs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest