Did You Know or Know Of "Gay" or Bisexual JWs???

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Recently, a former Witness expressed his opinion to me that he knew more than a few Witnesses that were gay.Personally, I know of a bisexual ex-elder who was unhappily married for a few years. Now he's "out", pardon the pun, of the Organization.

I know of a newly appointed MS who is married to a sister but most people suspect he is gay. Of course, there's no proof except that he is extremely feminine.

I had a "Bethel Elder" friend that told me that the WT. brass "recommended" that another Bethel Elder seriously look for a marriage mate and work on his voice (as he gave major talks at district conventions) so that he didn't sound so feminine. The brother took the counsel and he went from a BeeGee to a Barry White. Actually, he lowered his speaking voice to sound "manly". He's a big shot on the speaking tour......Still, most of his friends believe he's homosexual but does not act upon it.

So, are you aware of any "gay Jehovah's Witnesses"?

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Uh, you mean, other than me? Nope. But there were a couple of bisexual "sisters" in my congregation. Lotsa fun. 'Til I got outed, that is.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, I wonder how many bisexuals there are in JWland.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

two of my cousins, one was a pioneer, she came out of the closet about 5 years ago, the other followed and of course they are no longer JW's

an elders son in my parents CONG, when I was a kid, I always knew he was just by the way he talked and his expressions, turns out years later he left the ORG and is living with his partner and ahhh I thought for sure he was going to Bethel, I remember my mom use to say that I should be more like him. Good Little witness boy

I know of another who was in Bethel, friend of the family totally in the closet, you can tell he struggles with it but still remains a JW

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I remember a family friend who 99% of you would swear is a non-practicing gay (think Little Richard with a haircut, and only slightly less effeminate and campy).

He actually was straight. Just an effeminate, sartorially splendid Momma's boy.

He eventually got married.

• Swan
    Swan

Do Prince and Michael Jackson count?

Tammy

• Undecided
    Undecided

There was a brother who moved to California with his grandmother and a little while after he moved went gay. This was about 50 years ago. His name was Douglas Sharp. He dated my cousin once or twice. He seemed a little gay to me before he left but never acted on it before he moved away.

Ken P.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I remember a family friend who 99% of you would swear is a non-practicing gay (think Little Richard with a haircut, and only slightly less effeminate and campy).

lol
    This description reminds me of a friends older brother. He was a huge Pointer Sisters fan- the only thing that would surprise me is to hear that he got married and had kids.
    I only know of people who you'd swear were not straight, including an ex husbands aunt- who by far was one of the most "manly" people I've ever met.
    I have a cousin who ended up being gay but I never even met him. They stopped being witnesses a long time ago.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

A friend told me about her husband friends. Aparently all of his friends when they were younger were all doing each other. My friend's husband found out about it a few years later, as he was not invloved. I said "what, that's crazy" she said "its ok now because the all have wives". Yeah sure, sounds like a real healthy situation.

• BFD
    BFD

Why do you ask you handsome red dot, you.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit