If Your Child or Friend Told You They Were Gay, Would You Be Disturbed?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As a Jehovah's Witness, you know that you cannot practice homosexuality. It's considered a sin. If your friend or relative revealed that they were gay, you would be obligated to "report" them to the elders. Now that you're "out" of the organization, has your view of gays and homosexuality changed?

• Brummie
    Brummie

I have 2 sons, I'd support them in whichever way they choose to go. As a JW it would have bothered me, now it doesnt bother me at all. I cant see it as an "us verses them" situation anymore, infact I have little time for people who discriminate against anyone.

Brummie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

my friends --no --- however, I have to admit to still being slightly prejudice and if my children told me they were gay I do not think I would take it well -- sorry about that -- but I would prefer to be truthfull on this board rather than bullshit you -- but hell no -- I would certainly not report them to the elders

• Hamas
    Hamas

One reason not to have kids.

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

I really like gay men and if were a bit more outgoing, I'd be a total fag hag.

• minimus
    minimus

Hamas, plenty of gay persons have kids...Give it a chance.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Very much the lower end of the evolution scale.

• JH
    JH

Now that I don't consider myself a JW, I think that everybody has their own conscience and can do what they want. I'm not the one who will tell them what sexual orientation they should take. BUT

If I had a child that was gay, I would be disturbed at first.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, with a friend the question takes on a different meaning if is a friend of the same sex.

I have no children so it it hard to imagine. I would just want them to be happy and safe.

Otherwise, I try not to get involved in people personal sex lives, heterosexual or homosexual.

I would never tell the elders.

Blondie

• Special K
    Special K

Interesting..

I just found out (male) one of my friends is gay... and no it didn't bother me that he is gay..

I was more disturbed that he left his wife and two kids.. sort of..

But they are a good mom and dad and have never denied access to any of the kids over this. Both the husband and wife are still extremely involved with their children.. as well as the husbands boyfriend tagging along as well.

It's been stressful for the wife..I think..

But then, I don't want the husband to live his whole life in an unhappy relationship with his wife. if he knows for sure now that he is gay.

Interesting that they planned out their break up and how it would go. THey sold their big house and took the money and bought her a nicer smaller house and still had enough for him to buy a nice winterized cottage within a 10 mile radius.. therefore, they are both available to the kids ..all the time..(smart couple). they even sit together at the hockey rink and both cheer their son on..(awesome couple, I think)

I wish them both to eventually .. be happy. And to keep on doing what they are doing so well with their kids.

sincerely

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit