Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• kaik
    kaik

Don't be too surprised if France after today's event gathers up its own military presence in Iraq and Syria looking to stamp out ISIL. I wouldn't blame them one bit, they are kind of placed in position that says they have no other choice.

France will do absolutely nothing. They will do shit. They will blame Americans, Russians, Poles, Hungarians, everyone else, but not their politics/media/security that allowed it happen. This was not first attack by Islamist terrorist there: Charlie Hebdo, soldiers stabbed, train attacks.. and so on. Nothing had changed. In August France said that it does not have resources to monitor terrorists after the train attack. On October 30 Hollande attacked Hungary and called expulsion of entire Eastern Block countries from EU because they do not want Islamic immigrants. Hollande should resign. People in the charge of internal security should be fired. How many people in Europe needs to die before they realize that Islamic ideology is not comparable with Western democracy and secularism?

• flipper
    flipper
    Just a disgusting , barbaric attack on innocent French citizens. This crap has to end. There needs to be a coalition of free nations that will work together to stamp out Isis and other terrorist cells. But it's like playing " whack a mole " - you stomp one out and another terrorist group pops up. There are no easy solutions . Sadly once again this violence rears it's ugly head leaving men, women, and children dead and mourning their losses. My heart goes out to them
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Syria was French Mandate, that and the ghost of Algeria still haunts France.

In 2007 I was nearly blown up by Bilal Abdullah whose family came from Fallujah.

What the western coalition did in Fallujah in 2003/4 was worse than anything in London, New York or Paris. A different scale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallujah_during_the_Iraq_War

It's more history and retaliation than religion what's giving on here.

If we must accept terrorists' religious explanations for their motives then shouldn't the same apply to Bush's "crusade" rhetoric?

The biggest way the west could contribute to the end of terrorism is to stop perpetrating it themselves.

• Simon
    Simon
    In August France said that it does not have resources to monitor terrorists after the train attack

Years ago there was outrage in the UK because it turned out that the SAS had a shoot to kill policy and had shot some IRA while they were planting a bomb. It was crazy. If you're a terrorist then you don't deserve the same consideration of law and justice.

I don't know why the west is such pussies when it comes to terrorists. Don't just keep following them around, shoot them for god's sake!

• Simon
    Simon
    If we must accept terrorists' religious explanations for their motives then shouldn't the same apply to Bush's "crusade" rhetoric?

The biggest way the west could contribute to the end of terrorism is to stop perpetrating it themselves.

I agree. Remember the Iraq war and the build up? I got so much shit off people for saying it was BS and wrong and would need to be a 20-30+ year occupation to be successful but that America would lose interest and resolve too quickly.

But the cheerleaders cheered and look at the mess we got. A lot of the responsibility is with Bush and Blair but also all of the electorate who applauded and enabled it to happen. The leaders cannot act without the will of the people.

Re-litigating the past won't solve the future or even the present but hopefully we can learn from it. We need to stop messing with things our leaders don't understand.

But for the people intent on doing harm right her, right now - they need to be captured and killed. That includes everyone returning from fighting. They are not soldiers - they should not be allowed to just return home and simply followed around.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Everyone is fed up with this craziness you can no more put an end to this than talk a jw out of the nonsense they believe. Truly very sad.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I didn't know about this issue about people coming back from Isis. That should be stopped obviously. Don't know what to do about women like this though. She says Isis was not her cup of tea.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/14/shukee-begum-isis-not-my-cup-of-tea-says-british-woman-syria-to-join

• RobertT18
    RobertT18
    This is so sad :( and to think Canada will be accepting more refugees in few weeks. Really worried as I don't think they'll be able to run background checks on all of them.
  • barry
    barry

The answer is to intern Islamists in western countries as was done to the Japanese in the second world war.

Muslims and Muslim groups that don't adhere to our way of life could be interned to protect society at large just as a foreign soldier in time of war and kept secure until the end of hostilities.

We have a very difficult time in winning the hearts and minds of the majority of non violent Muslims only then will we all be completely safe

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I met some refugees on the overnight train to Frankfurt. Most of them were friendly and well dressed with smart phones and reasonably good English. I think they're mainly secular. It's the ones going to Syria that are radical rather than those fleeing out of the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit