Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems any intervention from the West resolves into making an already bad situation to something even precariously worse in that part of the world.

Intervention or involvement from the west is a causative result of danger and damage within are own countries.

Killing people for Allah's praise and glory is deemed worthy and honorable, most of these extremists who commit suicide or are attacking are noted to yell " Praise Allah ! ".

I wonder if Russia's officials are rethinking about its military involvement in Syria now ?

• smiddy
    smiddy

A co-ordinated effort of the coalition forces need to send a massive deployment of ground troops in to annihilate every last one of ISIS from the face of the earth , regardless of what country they are operating in , only then can the west breathe easy again .

smiddy

• cappytan
    cappytan

For those of you saying Islam isn't to blame:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I don't know what the answer to this is, but I don't think the answer is to go to war in Syria.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Reports that all eight of the attackers are now dead, seven of them by exploding their own suicide vests. Other reports that there may remain some 'accomplices' at large.

I don't know what the answers are either but as inevitable as it now is, military action alone won't do it. How do you neuter an idea?

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Animals, they should be wiped off the face of the earth. Cowards, they should be cleansed by fire. Only cowards would shoot, kill, blow up, and attack, innocent people, including children.

I feel so sorry for the victims, and their families. When things like this happen, i feel sorry for humanity in general, and on all sides, and all levels. Its ashame.

• Simon
    Simon

I think they are doing these things, not because they are winning, but because they are losing and desperate.

These assholes can't run a country for any length of time. They know they are screwed if they carry on as things are going. The territory they control is already falling apart - they can't provide essential services that a population expects and eventually they will turn on them. This is to distract people from the reality of their situation and to try and focus attention away from them.

The only thing these people know how to do is screw stuff up and blow it to pieces. They take civilization and turn it into rubble. Eventually they will bury themselves under it.

That is the lesson of history.

For those of you saying Islam isn't to blame ...

Quoting scriptures from the Quran is as meaningless as quoting scriptures from the Bible - it's all BS. People follow the ideology which is fascist.

The reason that Islam is to blame is because 100% of their recruits come from Islam and the 'regular' beliefs being taught in mosques is the fertile ground they need to plant their insanity.

Islam needs to grow up and stop being such a religion of whiny losers so it isn't so easily used to inspire the brutality that has such a widespread appeal to those within it's ranks.

• Simon
    Simon
    military action alone won't do it. How do you neuter an idea?

With Nazism the two went together - the idea that they were the master race, deemed to win was smashed by their military defeat. Coming to terms with the reality was their first step out of the cult they were in.

I think the first step to defeat Islamism is to defeat them militarily and take their "islamic state" away from them. That is what gives them legitimacy in their minds.

Mosques need to be opened up and transparent so people wanting to keep the idea alive in the west don't have the opportunity.

In 40+ years time much of the middle-east will be uninhabitable due to climate change so we need to work out something.

• kaik
    kaik

I wonder if Russia's officials are rethinking about its military involvement in Syria now

While it makes sounds weird to many, but Russia is the only country in Europe that somehow managed to integrate Islam into their mainstream culture and politics. Moscow is the second largest Muslim city in Europe (after Istanbul), and Russia has the most Muslims on European continent (18 millions). While Russia deals with its own insurgency on Caucasus and facing potential threats among Tatars, it implemented politics of sugar and whip. Muslims are very important chunk of Russian armed forces since Stalin era. However, Russia is worried that ISIS insurgency will rejuvenate its war with Islam. There is at least 5000 Russian speakers fighting in ME for ISIS. There is indication that many if not majority of Russian Muslims are sympathetic to ISIS, but afraid suppression by Putin way he handled two wars in Caucasus. Russia is playing delicate balance, but many observers, even in Russia do not think Putin will be successful in Syria.

Europe is different story. The lack of integration among recent Muslims in France, Germany, Sweden, and UK is ignored and actually encouraged. How many attacks EU will tolerate by the Islamist extremists? I do not think EU will change and attacks in Paris couple hours ago will be forgotten like attacks in Madrid or London decade ago.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems whenever ISIL needs to reconfirm its own identity of itself it has to kill people, killing is like going to church for worship.

Don't be too surprised if France after today's event gathers up its own military presence in Iraq and Syria looking to stamp out ISIL. I wouldn't blame them one bit, they are kind of placed in position that says they have no other choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit