Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

these are 'real' NASA photos:

Walk me through it!

---

When you are on the moon the earth looks small, when you are behind the moon and farther away, it's bigger...

Seriously?

Come forward. Tell us how this can be.

---

And again, no stars?
    ( our cameras suck )

"you've been living in a dream world, Neo"

---

these are 'real' NASA photos, too

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

I am still keeping an objective perspective on this exchange, but I do wish to say one side provide arguments, and the other side responds with ridicule and an appeal to authority; regardless of who is right, one side is clearly being more "scientific".

• cofty
    cofty

Some challenges to accepted science deserve to be met with reason and evidence. I have personally committed countless hours to debating evolution on this forum over the years. Others have presented the evidence for climate change. It is time and effort well spent even if it only helps observers.

Flat earth nonsense is not worthy of any response other than ridicule.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

ridicule is not evidence and should not be taken seriously by any thinking person.

I say, debate ideas on their merit. For years we were told that Russia was our enemy by the MSM. Then we learn Russia helped expose Hillary Rotten Clinton and defeated ISIS in Syria. Yet if you say so you are still ridiculed by some people.

I have learned a wise person look at the merit of ideas and remain critical of self-proclaimed "experts" full of ridicule and bombast.

• kairos
    kairos

How would you go about proving the curve?

What evidence would you present?
    Do you rely solely on NASA photos?

Have YOU done any experiments of your own?
    Can you repeat the findings?

• cofty
    cofty

I have looked seriously at the so-called evidence for flat earth conspiracies and moon-landing conspiracies and many of the other ones.

They are all crap.

I just have too much self-respect to lower myself to debate them. There is no debate to be had. To believe them depends on a level of wilful ignorance that deserves ridicule.

I have learned a wise person look...

hahahahaha

• captaingrl
    captaingrl
    To believe them depends on a level of wilful ignorance that deserves ridicule.

"...then they laugh at you..."

I have learned that on closer examination many things asserted as truth by the establishment does not hold up under closer scrutiny, especially if you have an open mind.

• cofty
    cofty
    many things asserted as truth by the establishment does not hold up under closer scrutiny

But conventional cosmology does.

What is "the establishment" exactly?

Nothing is "asserted" in science. You are confusing science with YouTube. Science depends on peer-review. It's brutal!

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

I do not claim to be an expert in cosmology.

CNN is part of the establishment. What do you think the establishment it?

• kairos
    kairos
    I have looked seriously at the so-called evidence for flat earth conspiracies and moon-landing conspiracies and many of the other ones.

Oh?

I suspect you have not.

They are all crap.

Damn effective debating right there^^
    ---
    What's the 'firmament'?
    Who was admiral Byrd? ( have you heard his televised interview? )
    What was Operation High Jump?
    When was NASA formed?
    Why is there an international treaty, effectively closing Antarctica?
    Why are there no 'real', non-CGI pictures of the earth or satellites from space?
    Why does high altitude balloon footage reveal a flat horizon at eye level when a fish eye lens isn't used? ( at 120,000 feet )

I await your well researched answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit