Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Woe woe kiaros, hold on.... you just said

“Have you spent 100s, if not 1000s of hours researching the ancient megaliths?
    No? Then how do you know about them. For example, how did 'they' move the huge cut and machined red granite blocks 500 hundred miles from the Aswan quarry to the inner chamber of the Great Pyramid of Giza? ”

That wasnt the original point you made.

I called you a moron and stupid because of this gem, from you, 13 hours ago. And i quote:

I like the FACT that the ancient builders of the world's megaliths not only accomplished tasks still not attainable by modern technology, they also thought the earth was flat.

I then cited obvious examples of modern engineering exceeding the pyramids by 6x, and that on height alone.

How about you address your incredibly stupid statement from 13 hours ago. If you mean its a mystery as to how they built them (as i said in my post a few hours ago) then we have no argument. You also have no point. But what you said, as i quoted above, was that modern man cant match those feats. That makes you an idiot. Its not an insult, per say, just an observation of your iq. Your a dullard and buffoon. You likely need help to help tie your shoes.

Please, clarify and retract your unbelievably stupid statement, admit that modern civilization could easily build the pyramids and we can move on or stand by your superior level of stupid and let all on the forum witness what imbecile you are.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"on a serious note, does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to how the atmosphere doesnt simply get siphoned off into the vacuum of space?...

...gravity doesnt seem to be a good explanation. i know theres a pressure gradient. near the surface, an air pressure gradient results in a wind blowing in the direction of lowest pressure as the high tries to equalize with the low. why not the same from the surface to space" - Robo

Gravity does help insofar that it sets a speed limit that an element has to achieve in order to escape the gravitational pull.. For an element to escape the gravitational pull of the Earth its speed has to exceed @11km per second. The Sun can excite elements in the high atmosphere to an extent that they go fast enough to escape. We would lose a lot more if the Earth wasn't protected by the magnetic field because that handily deflects a lot of energy that would otherwise be absorbed by these elements.

Density also plays a part. Denser elements/compounds are closer to the surface and lighter ones further up in the atmosphere (think stones and corks in a bowl of water). There are also a lot more elements/compounds at sea level than, say, at the edge of the atmosphere. That also helps slow down the speed of these components of our atmosphere by giving them something to 'bump' into that slows their relative speeds. Higher up, with less things to bump into, allows far greater speeds and we do see losses.*

The Earth does lose a lot of mass to this bleeding into space. It loses about 140000 kg per day. However a lot of these are replaced by the various geological processes going on in the Crust and suchlike.

It is interesting how the atmosphere gets all mixed up by the various forces in action but that in itself is another topic and requires a knowledge of the Coriolis Effect which in itself requires an acceptance of a globe shaped Earth.

*I understand what you meant about the pressure gradients and that the greater pressure should move to the lower pressure to stabilise the system however the force of gravity overcomes this and, of course, it is gravity in the first place that is causing the greater pressure to be at sea level.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"You likely need help to help tie your shoes" - Morph

Regardless of whether you should have said that, I laughed a lot...

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"how did 'they' move the huge cut and machined red granite blocks 500 hundred miles from the Aswan quarry to the inner chamber of the Great Pyramid of Giza? " - Kiaros

By mobilising an entire civilisation to the sole purpose of building these things for their God Kings and Queens. Archaeologists are finding all sorts of evidence that shows just how they did this. Granted they haven't answered all the questions yet, however (and this is important so get your notebook out) they have shown that there are answers out there and that we don't need to make up sh*t. In fact the answers are a damned sight more interesting and stimulating that anything you or your conspiracy 'friends' have dreamed up!

• kairos
  • captaingrl
    captaingrl

The question about how the earth can keep a hold on air is a good one. Quite frankly, we can all post various answers, but it will all be mumbo-jumbo us mortals have to take on faith. I think it is reasonable to question such explanations.

• kairos
    kairos
    Archaeologists are finding all sorts of evidence that shows just how they did this. Granted they haven't answered all the questions...

They have nothing.

You can produce absolutely ZERO evidence how the massive stone block were cut with laser precision and moved hundreds of miles. All over the world...

Archaeologists don't have ANY answers on this other than hammers, chisels, sledges and slaves.

Yet, we've all been told the official story.
    Many comments that are being made are variations of the official story.
    We all know it, as we were all born in to the same indoctrination.

Ancient history is a blur, filled with clues of high technology.
    How many resets to civilization have there been?

Why do people refuse to question reality?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao. Your refusal to answer says it all

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"You can produce absolutely ZERO evidence how the massive stone block were cut with laser precision and moved hundreds of miles. All over the world..."

There is lots of evidence. Not least of which is the abandoned quarries, tools, canals, living quarters, agriculture and all the other things one would expect from such a large endeavour. It's all there and it's all been found and is still being found. That's the great thing about reality, you see something that has been done (pyramid), consider how it could be done (experience), then predict what you should find and where you should find it. And guess what, that has happened. Where have you been Kairos? Or is a real education too much trouble for you!?

"Archaeologists don't have ANY answers on this other than hammers, chisels, sledges and slaves."

Actually there is little evidence to support the use of slaves. Rather the population was highly motivated for this singular goal.

Aside from that, yes the answers are hammers, chisels and suchlike because they were being wielded by a very clever great apes with the same mental capacity as us... Well when I say us...

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@karios: How do you propose the pyramids were built?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit