Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@karios: “many” also believe they are ass raped by aliens each year in attempts to cross breed some alien race with humankind.... usually lizards.

• kairos
    kairos

If that's what gets you through the day.

---

Start with Brian Foerster youtube channel.
    Very well done and articulate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSbF1EbOFM
    ( over a million views )
    ---

"We all have the same internet"

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@kairos:

Hey man, if that floats your boat. Check out the lizard alien in the Obama secret service, caught on film.

https://youtu.be/k2mjs_gdMAI

( over 3 million views )

“We all have the same internet, except in China, and for the elves.”

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from _Morpheus:

Consider the most basic facts: the pyramid of giza is 455 tall and made of stone, constructed around 2560 bc. It is a marvel of construction for that time to be sure... also fact: the washigton monument is 555 feet tall and made of stone and was completed in 1888. Why the hell would you think a smaller structure made of the same material couldnt have been made? How stupid are you people? What possible logic do you have for your assertion?

What presently remains of the Great Pyramids are just the cores of the structures. The outer surfaces of the pyramids, which were apparently a limestone mortar, are completely gone. When in their prime the surfaces of the pyramids were smooth and white as snow. Unlike anything the World has ever seen.

Documentaries of the numerous incredible structures in South America are at high altitudes in mountainous terrain. Even with our modern machinery and skills at building, it would be exceedingly difficult to replicate what has been done there. To assume that it was done by humans seems highly unlikely.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

alot of what ive seen in south america is falling apart and looks a bit too much like formed concrete falling apart. im rather an expert at that since my stairs look just like them!

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    What presently remains of the Great Pyramids are just the cores of the structures. The outer surfaces of the pyramids, which were apparently a limestone mortar, are completely gone. When in their prime the surfaces of the pyramids were smooth and white as snow. Unlike anything the World has ever seen.

I have been to the pyramids, been inside one of them, and climbed on another.

From memory, it was mostly blocks of stone cut to the same size, and laid in place. I suppose each stone would weighed about 5 tonne. The outside was once finished with a smooth surface of pale stone. A small amount of it still remains on one of the pyramids. The local guides said that during the period of Ottoman rule, the smooth stone was quarried and used for their palaces. In and around Cairo, you can see Ottoman palaces made of pale stone. “Snow white” is an exaggeration.

I also visited an ancient stone quarry, when travelling in Egypt. The guides explained the clever technique for cutting stone out in blocks. There was a giant obelisk there, half cut out, and on its side. I walked on top of it. The guides said it was probably abandoned after it developed a large crack, which was still visible. The quarry was a long way from any archeological site, but (like virtually every archeological site there) was close to the Nile. Obviously they used barges to float the quarried stones to wherever they needed them.

The locals say that any “ramp” used to raise and position blocks into place on the great pyramids would have been a spiral around the pyramid, not the classic ramp shown in movies. Some western “experts” have said that they couldn’t have done it that way, because it would have made surveying the structure and keeping it aligned, too difficult. While it does complicate construction, I suspect such “experts” have never physically built anything themselves, and would probably struggle to assemble an IKEA bookcase.

The locals also say the ancients would have used a lot of sand to support structures as they built them. For example, the giant columns at Luxor would ha e been constructed by rolling a column section into place, surrounding it in sand, and then rolling the next on top, and so forth. It might sound a lot of work in theory, but I have seen it done to assemble freeway overpasses in the Middle East. It is a quick and simple way of building tall structures where you have lots of dry sand available.

In short, the effort that they went to was amazing, but all very explainable.

• cofty
    cofty
    To assume that it was done by humans seems highly unlikely. - Old Navy

Highly more likely than positing aliens.

Occam's Razor...

It's amazing what can be achieved with unlimited cheap labour. Peasants literally moved mountains by hand in Mao's China. Millions died but what did he care?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"From the moon the earth is small, from beyond the moon, it's bigger." - Kairos

You are starting to set off my troll alarm now. I can just about understand you holding to some of the ideas you do because the antidote to that is education. However that above only requires the knowledge we all have by looking out of the window.

Surely you understand that objects look smaller the further away they get?

Or are you ignorant of how cameras work? To suggest what you have suggested above is remarkably silly even considering some of the things you have been posting recently:

If you want a picture of the Earth and have the Moon you are standing on to be in shot you will need to choose a relevant set up that allows for that (you won't zoom in on the Earth as you would lose the Moon). When you don't want the Moon in shot you use the zoom function to miss out all the boring black stuff surrounding Earth.

It's really is that simple!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol no no, navy. Your Not even close to supporting your ridiculous assertion. Lets examine your remarks, shall we...

“What presently remains of the Great Pyramids are just the cores of the structures. “

Wow! But so what? Are you suggesting that there was 2,262 feet of pyramid now missing, so that giza was at least equal to our current tallest building? Please. We havant even considered the mechanical marvels like elevators, we are simply talking the basic engineering in height. Modern civilization dwarfs it. Why am i even explaining this....

“The outer surfaces of the pyramids, which were apparently a limestone mortar, are completely gone. When in their prime the surfaces of the pyramids were smooth and white as snow. Unlike anything the World has ever seen.”

I love the word “apparently” 😂😂😂. Classic weasel word. Also untrue that that the world has never seen anything like it. Tura stone (the stone used as the outer surface) has been used for centuries after the pyramids. So its clearly been seen. While it must have been impressive its not a bright as a 2,000+ foot glass covered building in the sun. The world has seen far far more impressive feats than the pyramids. They are marvels given the tools and materials of the time but do not compare with modern engineering on any level.

Documentaries of the numerous incredible structures in South America are at high altitudes in mountainous terrain. Even with our modern machinery and skills at building, it would be exceedingly difficult to replicate what has been done there. To assume that it was done by humans seems highly unlikely.

Lol oh brother.... this one is truly a classic. Why would you say that its unlikely to have been built by humans? I can only “assume” you mean the temple of cholula, since you didn’t specify. It is indeed larger than any of gizas pyramids. But im lost as to why you think is highly unlikely to have been built by humans? Its in a populated area. It was built out of nothing more than adobe. It wasnt quarried stone. And its believed to have been built over a long period time, about 6 generations. Just people working hard where they live using mud bricks over 6 generations. Why is that highly unlikely to have been human???? You think space aliens flew from another planet to mexico to build a pyramid out of mud bricks?

Thats so stupid i cant even find words.

Yep, your right. No way men made that. Massive government coverup. Of a mud pyramid, which said mud pyramid proves alien life. Glory glory.

• cofty
    cofty
    From the moon the earth is small, from beyond the moon, it's bigger. - Kairos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit