It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more
    He had been given some direct phone numbers and he ended up speaking directly to Tony Morris.

That in itself is suss. He's the only xjw who's managed to speak to a Governing Body member. I recall Apostate Jerky Boy who has phoned Bethel numerous times and never managed to get through to a GB member. I know of other xjw's who have tried getting through to ask them some questions and not had any success - but Lloyd has.

As you quite rightly pointed out, he had an opportunity. He had the opportunity to ask about the CSA database and why they were doing it. He had the opportunity to tell him that all they need to do is apologise, change their policy in line with Romans13 and that would be it.

But no. He targets Ant Mo on his "Tight Pants" ideology instead - which a majority already know, is a stupid claim to make. Ant Mo makes himself look silly with those claims. No need to point it out. The CSA issue does need pointed out and Watchtower need to do better. Get it in writing. When a minor alleges CSA to the elders, call the police. Then call bethel. It's that simple.

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Well the way that tight pants thing went down it made sense that he got through. He didnt call the switch board, he called a bethelite who transferred him to tony. Having been a bethelite i can tell you thats 100% doable.

He did however waste the opportunity, as i would expect from a childish oaf like him. He has no real point, no real gripes, he just grifts off others ideas.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Justaguy Well the way that tight pants thing went down it made sense that he got through. He didnt call the switch board, he called a bethelite who transferred him to tony. Having been a bethelite i can tell you thats 100% doable.
    He did however waste the opportunity, as i would expect from a childish oaf like him. He has no real point, no real gripes, he just grifts off others ideas.

I've also heard this wild double agent claim made around the fact he got into a Bethel tour - despite a beard, no tie etc.

Like the above scenario, that also made complete sense. Lloyd & family were attending with a local Bible student who was well known to Warwick as a social historian of the movement. He had also rang ahead to book the tour - mentioning they were interested in the seeing the new "Bible history" display. The Watchtower was very proud of and was currently promoting as the best thing since...well...the Bible.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

If anyone is interested, here is a level-headed overview of the whole thing without the speculation or questionable accusations.

FYI: No new information is in this video, it's just a TL;DR of the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gOtPGzr3GE

• Simon
    Simon
    Of all things, he chose to question him on 'tight pants'. With all the exJWs that have been hurt by this religion in one way or another, he chooses to that.

Yeah, that was a massive fail and a huge let-off for them. It could have been, should have been, something about child abuse coverups, or families broken by shunning or people dying from refusing blood ... instead it's a massive big nothing burger which completely let them off the hook for anything meaningful.

He fumbled the ball and gave it away ...

Not exactly MVP material.

• Davros
    Davros
    He fumbled the ball and gave it away ...
    Not exactly MVP material.

Just being verbose about certain issues and providing a LOT of content about it does not make one a great activist.

I read a thread on another location that said if it wasn't for him, a lot of people would all still be PIMI's. Obviously that was written by a troll, but it got me thinking about how much impact did he really have in waking people up.

If someone clicked on his links or his website, just like coming here, they ALREADY have doubts and are already somewhat dissatisfied with the JW's.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I have been giving this some thought. If I could ask Lloyd one question, what would it be? Today I have my answer.

Lloyd, are you the man that you would want your daughters to marry, why or why not?

If only I could get a thoughtful and honest response to that question. However we know all we ever get is deflection and straw man replies to any questions.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Lloyd is threatening litigation whilst still talking on social media....something you wouldn't do if you had a legal team on your behalf.

The guy is full of shit and all he is doing is making threats to stop people making videos and commenting on this sorry situation.

He can f all to anyone because most of it he has admitted and the rest are allegations and opinions which you are allowed to voice.

His continuing posts on this reveal how much he is in his own echo chamber and detached from reality.

His first video or livestream is going to be one shitstorm in the comments.

• Simon
    Simon
    If someone clicked on his links or his website, just like coming here, they ALREADY have doubts and are already somewhat dissatisfied with the JW's.

Exactly. People rescue themselves, they are the ones that wake up and start questioning things - typically in response to something that the WTS has done to them, or something they have seen in their local congregation.

The idea that "we" save anyone is self-aggrandizing propaganda, all any of us really do is make information available so people can maybe confirm what they are feeling, but I doubt many staunch JWs are ever tuning into apostate videos and by the end re-thinking their life choices.

If it were the case, there would be mass exoduses when major TV programmes about abuse coverups run. But there aren't, and they have little real immediate effect.

And for all this, the harder thing to quantify is how many people who might be having doubts click on something and decide that the person is a nutter or just trying to make money off people rather than freely help them.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

People rescue themselves, they are the ones that wake up and start questioning things - typically in response to something that the WTS has done to them, or something they have seen in their local congregation.

How many of us got out after seeing or hearing a random comment that required additional research? One of my Elders was telling me about what an idiot he was in 1975 telling his coworkers goodbye for the last time during Christmas. That was 23 years ago. The internet being fairly new to my area, I had to know more. I looked at what Randy Watters had on his former website and then compared it to a random AOL site from a guy in Canada. A few stops through Geocities and then to here and I had all the information I ever needed. Without a doubt that is the journey each of us takes, just the questions and places change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit