It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    LMsA: But he had to pontificate about never giving his children false information

I'll bet his explanation to them about how he spent last Christmas must have been fascinating.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Do you think he brought back souvenirs for the girls and his wife? “Here girls. Daddy has brought you bars of soap from the hotel. They have the name of the hotel where I stayed written on the wrapper. And for you, my wife, here is a feather boa, also from my hotel room. Ah-hem.”

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    A common misconception about Lloyd Evans is that he is highly intelligent. Never mistake someone being articulate for true intelligence. He's certainly a knowledge base about WT doctrine and history. If there were a quiz show about WT, he'd be a returning champion. It's when he attempts to extrapolate his WT/anti-WT based thinking onto real life events you can see how two-dimensional he really is.

That is what we call around here a one-trick pony.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can’t say I ever suffered this particular misconception 🤔

• Simon
    Simon
    Is Raiders of the Lost Ark OK for a 7 year old? In addition to the violent scenes mentioned above, Raiders of the Lost Ark contains images that might scare or upset children under eight. In particular, one scene towards the end of the movie contains horror images as well as blood and gore. Younger children might find it very disturbing and frightening.

Take a step back. Lloyd is spending "quality time" with his kids. He'd prefer to be elsewhere, doing other things (i.e. doing prostitutes), but he has to watch a movie.

What movie does he pick? Something the kid wants to watch? Fuck no! He picks something he wants to re-watch.

Because I guarantee no 8 year old wants to watch some 40+ year old movie with religion and nazis in it. They want to watch a Pixar or Disney movie, or Pepper-Pork, erm, I mean Pig.

He's such a selfish twat, even watching a movie with his kid has to be his choice, not theirs.

• vienne
    vienne

Lloyd boy isn't especially articulate which is defined as " having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently." Lloyd, coherent? Not even slightly. Glib is a better descriptor.

I don't remember how old I was when I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not very. At one of my aunts' house with older cousins. It did not frighten me though I found the snake pit thing a bit icky.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

OMG! I just got through reading this thread that someone on here said would be an interesting read in seeing Lloyd's personality shining through maybe 30 pages ago and I forgot who suggested it.

Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship” (jehovahs-witness.com)

The link someone posted was to some pages in the middle of the thread. I read a page or two and decided that I needed more context to the personalities that were shining though so I start all the way to the beginning on page number 1. Let me just say that the thread went to hell in a handbasket even way before the pages that the original link pointed to! If you want more clarity on the personality of Lloyd, just read this thread from the very first page all the way through.

I had no idea of the kind of person that Lloyd was before this debacle, and I got to get a pretty good look at some of his more "illuminating" characteristics shining oh so abundantly in this thread!

An opinion about the way it ended: I think that King Soloman deserved his deletion 100%. However, I think that slimboyfat and cedars should have been deleted instead of just slimboyfat, because those 2 were going at each other pretty evenly head-to-head.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I love it that you used the word “debacle”. On one of my tablets, I entitled the file where I update the page count for this thread as the “Lloyd Evans Debacle”. So, I see that word every time I open this thread. I think that it perfectly describes this journey.

P.S. I didn’t read everything that the poster “King Solomon” wrote on that thread, but I think that much of what he wrote was correct and insightful. Did “King Solomon” get “deleted”? I mean, was he banned?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Slimboyfat was not being insulting, he was just persistent in making his point. Evans was being insulting, while also complaining that he was being harassed and that this harassment was affecting him and his wife. His attempts to manipulate others are so over-the-top as to be cartoonish (and insulting to people who really do suffer from mental health issues). One of the things you can say about his ultimate ban- he cannot complain that he did not get ample opportunity to stop being an obnoxious jerk here.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    What does that symbol mean daddy?

I call bullshit on that conversation ever happening. What 8-year-old realizes something is a symbol versus just decoration, much less uses that word, much less realizes that there is a meaning behind it worth discussing?

I'm guessing he made it up so he could share what he thinks is a profound thought to his easily impressed twitter sheeples.

Now watch him lose his shit over this post, whining about people attacking his daughter (never happened), putting his family at risk (also never happened), yada yada yada.

Sorry Lloyd but you put your family at risk by bringing home god only knows what diseases from your time with sex workers and by shamelessly trotting out your children whenever it's time to make some asshole attempt at gaining respect and sympathy. You also put their mental and emotional health at risk by treating their mother with such contempt and even suggesting that a woman should put up with such a shitty husband and father.

While Remini, Hassan, and the rest haven't outright repudiated you, there's no way you'll ever work with anyone respectable again in your life. Anyone and everyone with an ounce of credibility has abandoned you, and you deserve it. You brought this on yourself.

You won't rebuild from here either. You have nothing to offer any other circle out there. You're not smart enough or educated enough to offer something to environmentalists or the atheist community, you don't have the knowledge of other religions to expose Mormons or Catholics or whomever, you don't have experience in the world to say anything of value about politics or economics, and you're too selfish, demanding, controlling, immature, and narcissistic for anyone to put up with you anyway.

You're a fraud Lloyd, and not even a very good one. It only took one little prick, pun intended, to burst your bigshot activist bubble.

And Simon is right. I'm late 40s and can't sit through Raiders at this point, I can't imagine those young girls finding it even remotely entertaining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit