Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

A new article for those who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/patterson-on-the-line-watchtower-claims-that-paying-cash-bond-would-cause-immediate-irreparable-harm-and-hardship

Cedars

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Excellent, well written piece my friend!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Irreparable harm?

Even if this were true (whcih it obviously isn't), all the need is one Governing Body tour of 25 major cities (picking the most affluent metro areas), fill 25 stadiums for 2 hours, charge $5 for parking (even though it'll probably already be included in the stadium rental), and then make the usual announcement at the end about a "deficit" to cover the operating costs of the Special Assembly Day...

The assembly theme could be: "God Loves a Cheerful Giver" (2 Cor 9:7)

That'll easily rake up at least $20 Million.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Great article! Sent it to my facebook friends!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting. Thanks for the article Cedars.

This is the way the Watchtower ends; not with a bang, but a whimper.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Cedars, your articles are great. However, I would tend to agree with Calebs Airplane... they can't be that bad off. The phrase " immediate irreparable harm and hardship" is subjective. For example, it would do immediate and irreparable harm to me if I didn't get to have my coffee this morning....

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It is all about the time/value of money. They have no intention of leaving Patterson, and do not want to pay Candace a dime until they have to. They want to starve her out, and keep liquid until they have to pay.

zed

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Watchtower society crying poor is more fraud for God subterfuge.

All total the fabulously wealthy WBTS has $200 BILLION in worldwide mostly tax free real estate assets.

They are/were the largest tax free land owner in Brooklyn N.Y.

Remember the Jews are 3 million strong in Brooklyn more Jews in Brooklyn than Israel.I love Jews no anti semitism here,just pointing out that Jews are wealthy and succesful and yet the WBTS tops the Jews in land/money.

Think about that and all of it.....

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Article:

"The Society has therefore filed a motion asking the Judge to either reduce the damages or ... "

Inaccurate. They are not asking for a reduction in damages, they are asking that the cash value of the BOND is reduced. The bond is $17.2 million but the damages are $11 million.

Otherwise, a good read.

I'm wondering. Could they be in debt? WT of NY* may have operational cash assets but ... if a substantial chunk is tied up, they can't keep creditors happy ... Could this be why Patterson is being offered as surety - isn't Patterson under a different WT corporation? Anyone get my drift and think this is a possibility?

* Don't forget it is specifically THIS corporation that has to cough up the damages - no other.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks AnnoMaly, I'll fix that part.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit