It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    My question is if anyone thinks there is a way to help people share their story without having to be called the next Lloyd?

WallyB:

Lloyd Evans is a sick and damaged individual. Tom JWFairyTale on the last Magnificent 7 livestream made a poignant point. For about 10 years now, Lloyd has managed to create a Kingdom Hall environment in this community where people are censoring themselves in order to comply with Lloyd's groupthink. As a result, he has indoctrinated an entire generation of exiting exJWs with his mindset the same way Rutherford did with the JWs. I know you know all this, but it's worth remembering.

You're going to have to learn to deal with comments like these. Address them once but don't get drawn into any back-and-forth arguments. Lloyd has done so much damage to the exJW psyche that he's now our own Godwin's Law. They were way off the mark to ever bring that man's name into this when commenting on your video.

Keep your own standard of ethics and a good idea might be to post them on your channel. Something like:

All interviewees have been briefed on the following ethical code on my channel:

• They are here out of their own free will. I have not pressured them into appearing, and in fact I have expressed to them that they can do this anonymously via chat, email, phone, or not at all.
    • Interview subjects have the right to ask me to take down their interview upon demand. I will comply, no questions asked.
    • I reserve the right to remove comments which are abusive towards the interview subject or ask inappropriate questions
    • The interviewee has been advised that they have the right to be compensated based on the amount which was monetised from the video. Some desire this, others do not.
    • I reserve the right to not post the interview if I think it has been exploitative in any way.
    • I encourage all who think this interview is exploitative or otherwise inappropriate to get in touch with me via DM to state their concerns. I promise to address them in a courteous fashion and make any corrections if needed. Due to the sensitive nature of these interviews, I ask that this be done in private out of respect to the victims.
  • DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    I'm wondering how long this phase will last, but there is a time limit, since his children will probably figure him out sooner than he might expect.

And god forbid one of them becomes Christian or even just believes in god. Heaven help that poor child and the condescending BS he'll suffocate her with (and I say that as a fellow atheist).

Even if he tries to censor himself around them, he's such a self-absorbed bore. As already mentioned, he has to watch a movie he likes, not one that his kids might enjoy. Okay, he did post in that Zagreb FB group asking for suggestions on what to do with his kids but also made some comment somewhere about his back problems keeping him from interacting with them at the park or pool or something.

Even if he wasn't such a pathetic old stick in the mud, pretty soon they'll want to hang almost exclusively with other kids their own age just by nature. Then what props will he use in his quest for social media glory?

Hells bells, looks like IICSA continues to be a “part of the problem”. But he’s not a part of the problem and if you say otherwise you might get sued.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Didn't the report recommend a law mandating reporting of CSA? Or is the complaint that they did not specify penalties for failing to report it?

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

It doesn't matter his actual complaint, he would have found something to virtue signal about. This is just him chest thumping; everyone else is a failure so by contrast, according to his thought process, he's the true hero.

He pulled that same crap over that book one of his minions was going to write about the Australian Royal Commission. I remember him saying something about what he needed to put up with while trying to accomplish his big shot activism, or something. Everyone else is a joke while he's a true hero, according to his alcohol soaked brain.

And of course missing the obvious point of him being part of the problem of CSA by taking advantage of the sex trade industry in Thailand of all places. Fucking hypocrite.

On the flipside, if the report had been perfect, he would be crowing about his time as a participant or commentator or whatever he was. His playbook is so predictable at this point.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

That post above has been up 7 hours and it's only gotten 10 likes and 4 comments, from his supposed 13K followers.

Sorry Lloyd but it's over for you. Yes you have a few stragglers but anyone with any brains and common decency has jumped your disgusting, hypocritical ship.

Go get a real job and stop talking about how IICSA has failed child victims, especially with the same mouth you use to haggle the price of girls who may very well be those same victims. Your hypocrisy makes me sick to my stomach. Literally, I feel sick watching you act like a champion of child victims when you take advantage of the biggest industry beside religion that creates those victims.

Besides, what are you gonna do if a UK government agency decides to come down on men like you as hard as you want them to do with the JWs? Human trafficking and sex tourism are all part of CSA, so be careful what you wish for, you filthy ass.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Child sex abuse: Failing to report it should be made illegal - major inquiry
    Published 5 hours ago
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63318342
    By Tom Symonds and Judith Burns
    BBC News
    Anyone who works with children and does not report child sexual abuse should be prosecuted, the final report of a huge, seven-year inquiry has recommended.
    The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) was set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal by then Home Secretary Theresa May.

For context, here’s his former best friend Javier Ortiz on the same tweet by Richard Scorer:

He essentially shares the same viewpoint as Lloyd does about it not being enough but notice his generally positive attitude toward it. He’s not accusing IICSA of being a part of the CSA problem which is sensational and counter-productive.

Also: Nowhere on Lloyd’s tweet does he thank the participants of whom he is one. Javier does, as many other CSA victims have. He thinks being a sick to IICSA is really the way to go here.

On the flipside, if the report had been perfect, he would be crowing about his time as a participant or commentator or whatever he was. His playbook is so predictable at this point.

Exactly. He was a “Core Participant”. He also knows this is his last hurrah regarding being involved with anything like this ever again. So especially going forward he’s going to be as critical of IICSA as he can because he has nothing to lose. He’ll also compare any future participants negatively compared to his own record, saying they didn’t push as hard as he did. He’ll make an attempt to be involved but when he’s rejected he’ll be quick to point the finger and claim that activism has suffered without his input.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

His blood is boiling because they didn't do what he demanded, didn't catapult him to even more stardom by acknowledging his greatness and groveling at his wisdom. His actions alone prove that it has nothing to do with safeguarding children since he's taken advantage of similar abusive institutions, but he's realizing that all the effort he put into shoving Louise Goode aside and elbowing his way to the front of the room were for naught. He wasn't that important to them after all. Yes, that would make a narcissist's blood boil.

P.S. that tweet has been up for 4 hours with only 5 likes and no comments or retweets. He's standing on the podium of an empty Kingdom Hall at this point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit