It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    he's lost about as many followers and patrons as he will.

I don't disagree except I think some more might trickle away as his content gets worse. He won't have the same interviews, news from O'Donnell, etc. His heart isn't in it either, you can tell. His attempts at broadening his scope to other religions, environmental stuff, etc. is also a complete failure. So probably a few more handfuls will bow out but he'll always have a few hundred loyal lapdogs.

most of his loyal patrons seem to view morals as he does. A large number of ex-Witnesses did not leave for principle, but because they could not or would not live by the Bible's moral standards. They're Evans' fellow travelers. "Birds of a feather ..." and such.

I agree that a lot of JWs leave because they don't follow the bible's "moral standards" but to then lump them in with Evans is wrong and hurtful. My wife and I have no interest in letting the bible decide what we can or cannot do but the concept of visiting prostitutes, especially when married and in Thailand, a place notorious for human trafficking and child trafficking, is disgusting to us both. We've also watched his bullying and other rubbish and want nothing to do with that either.

IMHO it's just hypocrisy and blind selfishness. They like Evans because they think he's doing something to expose Watchtower, who hurt them, but close their eyes to how he hurts other people. Human trafficking doesn't hurt them so they don't care. Plus if they pulled away it would mean they need to admit they've been wrong to support him and that's a tall leap for a lot of people.

But please don't even imply that people who leave Watchtower because they can't live by the bible's "standards" (which includes men having multiples wives, buying virgin rape victims, slavery, etc.) are his "fellow travelers."

• Vintage
    Vintage

The Bible does give moral standards for Christians. Watchtower pretends to uphold the Bible’s moral standards, but then it participates in skullduggery to protect its “golden boys”. So, sometimes, especially when a JW has NO power, money, charismatic personality, or connections, that person really is disfellowshipped for actually practicing immorality. The problem with Watchtower is that it “perverts justice”, ... covering up wrongdoing for some, while claiming to always follow the Bible.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

The bibles moral standards:

Solomon shags 1000 women but gets to call them wives and concubines.

Lot offers his daughters to the men of the city to be raped to death to save two new mates he’s met. Then fucks them both himself later on.

Woman have to marry their rapists.

Then at an arbitrary and, to an eternal god, infinitesimally small time later, gets all prissy about it and sends Jesus to do a massive morals makeover and pretend all that previous shit doesn’t count, because, well it was ages ago and morals is different now.

If I banged all the rugby players In Gloucester, and their wives and girlfriends my moral couldn’t be as disgusting, abusive and unconsensual as the bible.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Genesis 19:15,

So again that night they got their father drunk with wine, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him; he was not aware when she lay down or when she got up.”

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Regarding Lot, Vintage, you know you would not buy that story if certain traveler got two of his Asian "girlfriends" pregnant if he said, "I was too drunk to know what I was doing." Just because it is in the bible doesn't make it true. If that were the case we would have a scientific explanation for Joshua 10.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

It’s not so much whether Lot knew or didn’t know, it’s that the bible then promotes this story as perfectly OK because it was in the cause of getting to Jesus.

if I got my dad drunk and shagged him and had his baby would you then put it in a book as a shining example of faith and loyalty to your deity? What kind of message is that sending?

You might put it in and say ‘hey kids this is REALLY REALLY wrong. Don’t do this at home. Don’t get your dad drunk and have his baby, because overall its pretty wrong’.

Make no wonder there’s so much bloody child abuse when the ‘good’ book doesn’t even have a bad word to say about dads and their daughters getting down to it.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I can't help but wonder how other parents have been replying to their kids when asked that question.

O.M.G.! Of course ,cause That's what she will remember from that movie the wierd symbols on the bad men shirt! What an IDIOT!. I don't know how old she is ,but I'm sure she's under 10 yrs. And this is what Google said:Is Raiders of the Lost Ark OK for a 7 year old?In addition to the violent scenes mentioned above, Raiders of the Lost Ark contains images that might scare or upset children under eight. In particular, one scene towards the end of the movie contains horror images as well as blood and gore. Younger children might find it very disturbing and frightening. That movie is rated M ,moderate in impact. are not recommended for children under the age of 15." They include portrayals of elements such as violence and themes that require a mature outlook." That's what none JW expert have to say about that movie, but no no ,Mister know it all ,who made Youtube video about how the JW my bible story book had disturbing images(wich i agree they do) for childrends ,let his little girls watch R.O.T.L.A.! IDIOT!

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

About Lot, remember that the story is according to HIM. The daughters' names aren't even used so of course no one asked their version of the story.

Lot disappears into the mountains for awhile then comes back with two pregnant daughters. He has to say something but can't just admit "Oh yeah, I raped both of them until they got pregnant..."

So, he does the usual thing child rapists do... says it was their idea, they seduced him, they wanted it, he had no choice but to go along, yada yada yada.

Whether Lot knew or didn't know because he was drunk is not an issue. He knew because he was the aggressor, not them. I'd buy that he was drunk but that's probably what added to him deciding to rape his daughters. But them conspiring together and consenting to having sex with him? Bull. Shit. He raped his daughters and then blamed them for it.

Since he was already part of this elaborate story of the Hebrew god saving him while burning the rest of the city (yeah, I'm sure all that happened), of course whoever wrote all that had to go along with it, or was even the one who invented the story in the first place. How do you say that your god destroyed a woman for looking back on her comfortable home but let a child rapist live?

Anyway, back to the point I was making about Lloyd... it's not an "either-or" situation. "Either you live by the bible's moral code or you're birds of a feather with Lloyd." Sorry but no, there's a whole range of middle ground being overlooked. Lots of ex JWs disagree about waiting for marriage to have sex and have no problem about homosexuals, but I personally would kick Lloyd in the balls for taking advantage of prostitutes especially while married and especially in Thailand.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    He won't have the same interviews, news from O'Donnell, etc.

Funny you say that DerekMoors, he got this tweet and he never answer back ,cause no he doesn't have it .there is no more PIMO bethelite who will Leak videos or news to Him anymore. There is already some video clip of that annual meething on Twitter ,from Pimo JW. He used to make is rebuttal videos of those talks. before it was on the JW broadcasting, kind of bragging how he got those even before the regular JW could. Not anymore!

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I can't help but wonder how other parents have been replying to their...

...14 years old daughter when an Maried men in his Twenties is Sex texting them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit