It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    And this because she didn't want her story printed in that absurd little booklet he wrote?

She bought the $150 perk and wanted her space to be donated to someone else mutually agreed upon who would then be able to tell their story. It was a fair exchange, since he’d still get the money he wanted.

But Lloyd doesn’t like it when people don’t follow his instructions, especially women.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister said,

"l also don't believe for a minute that Dijana has control of the family finances."

I agree. Without knowing either one, I so very agree. People who have never been in such a situation (or who have never cared deeply for a married woman in such a situation) may be astonished when presented with testiony that this happens, but it DOES. A JW wife can be asked, for example, by her husband to sign a check of money he will be giving to another sister, because he doesn't want to cast suspicion on himself, ...and then that wife will SIGN THE CHECK. (Those reading, please have the coutrtesy and good manners not to ridicule what I have said.)

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

He was clear about the sexting incident and what subsequently happened. To completely omit that she left him and the UK is one hell of a distortion of reality. However, it is consistent with those who feel something a lot worse than sexting a random online stranger happened.

It’s also notable in the book that while he didn’t want to involve elders (police??), she was adamant the elders get involved. He clearly didn’t like that, and refused to do so in Bramhall because of Geoffrey.

Raymond Frantz - Didn’t you say that the JC was in Bramhall, not Wilmslow? If so, that’s another lie and you have to wonder what he’s covering up.

The part about the poor health of her parents was also likely not true. Dijana has to be in her late 30s by now and subtract 13 from that puts her in her mid to late 20s in 2009. Assuming her parents had her in their 20s, that would have put them in the late 40s, early 50s age group in 2009. Hardly people who qualify as having “health problems” due to old age. Another lie or exaggeration.

I too have serious doubts regarding the veracity of his account of his sexting scandal in the UK. And if Dijana did tell Kim she fled the country and Lloyd flew in to woo her back, that changes things entirely. It would confirm a detail “Marko” stated and this is directly in conflict with Lloyd’s account.

I think by now it should be obvious something big happened and it went beyond sexting another adult. That is a minor offence in the JWs and hardly a reason to pick up and leave the way he did. He might have lost privileges but it’s generally not a disfellowshipping offence provided he was repentant. His stated reasons for moving to Croatia don’t mesh and there seems to be another big reason why he moved there that he’s not telling us. Add in the strange nature of his JC being attended by a branch rep and his whole narrative is shot to hell about this being just about a sexting incident between consenting adults.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

So I'm just going to say this. I've said it before and have been shot down for saying this.

I have all along believed he did not move to Croatia for the reasons he said he moved there for. I believe sexting girls, and I do emphasize girls is closer to the truth than any other excuse he has given.

People have said that he will move back to the UK. nope, if my belief is true, then he cannot move back to the UK.

• Vintage
    Vintage

From the excerpt of Lloyd's book that LMsA gave us:

"After a stressful two days on the road we were relieved to make it to Croatia on August 30, 2009. Dijana’s parents were delighted to finally have us with them. They had been without their daughter for three years, and I could tell they had missed her."

So, if Dijana went to Croatia and Lloyd followed her there... sigh... i couldn't be more confused... they didn't travel to Croatia together? Or Dijana went to Croatia, then returned to the UK to travel with Lloyd and some belongings, again back to Croatia? And , if so, then "They had been without their daughter for three years" wouldn't fit the narrative. Poetic license?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He does seem to travel to the UK for visits freely, so I don’t know how that would fit.

Yes Vintage he’s perhaps conflating two different journeys to Croatia in order to create a false impression.

Btw I wasn’t suggesting that Dijana was in control of the money, but that she may be in control of the accounting and reporting. It’s conceivable that LE could contrive to get her to do all the complicated and boring accountancy while also controlling the actual funds himself. Not straightforward, but conceivable for somebody who is both lazy and controlling at the same time.

• nicolaou
  •  Debra
    Debra

Just a short off topic message to Kim my Facebook account was hacked please ignore my posts and messages for now

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is it true that you can’t get a JW divorce for “not traditional” sex as the message puts it? This seems a very specific detail but does make some sense in terms of him having leverage over her not to leave him, if that’s how it works.

I read earlier in the thread that her parents convinced her to stay with him because they didn’t approve of divorce in the circumstances. How totally tragic, if true, and they must sorely regret it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    slimboyfat: His livestream was the hugest own goal of his whole grifting career.

I agree. Maybe the biggest reason the livestream has hurt him is that it made the other information unnecessary. Not irrelevant, mind you: If he has indeed made a career out of targeting young girls, that is a serious issue and I really wish we could know for sure either way. But if he'd just brushed aside all accusations and demanded that everyone respect his privacy, a lot of people would have left it at that. I agree that the cost to him would have been minimal.

Between his book and his actions over the past ~10 years (and especially over the past twelve months), there's reason to take the uncorroborated accusations seriously. I don't like to go on evidence that cannot be confirmed (and that, in this day and age, can be easily faked), but he has made it impossible to just dismiss it. If he really does have a history of what is effectively statutory rape, then losing some patrons is not punishment enough. Not by a long shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit