It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Anyone watched The Goonies recently? Now all I can think of is "the truffle shuffle".

Maybe he'll do a movie review of it soon ...

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    NE: Those are screenshots, NOT emails that Dijana sent to her cousin.

Screenshots from what program though? In 2008, I don’t know of any email program that looked like that threading style at all. Not outlook or Apple mail, and certainly not gmail.

That’s one thing that gets my spidey senses tingling.

On the other hand, I also don't know of a single email faking website that has that look and feel either.

Any other old school internet users recognize that format?

• Simon
    Simon
    Screenshots from what program though? In 2008, I don’t know of any email program that looked like that threading style at all. Not outlook or Apple mail, and certainly not gmail.

My understanding is that they are alleged to be from a chat-site, likely a web-based chat / forum type setup. So recognizing it maybe a challenge if it isn't a common package or has been customized. Kind of like someone trying to identify the email program used based on screenshots of this forum from 14 years ago ... good luck with that :)

On the other hand, I also don't know of a single email faking website that has that look and feel either.

This to me makes it look more legit. The fact that it isn't just a set of gmail messages. It looks like some lesser used system (which I'm sure someone might be able to identify if a sanitized copy of something was posted on an appropriate tech or internet history site). Also, the font and anti-aliasing looks old, and appropriate for the era which would actually be a challenge to fake nowadays and something I'm sure a faker would easily forget to do.

And I don't think "they maybe faked it 14 years ago and only just released it now" is really plausible,

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Where are these screen shots? I want to see.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm still confused as to how they fell into this person's hands in the first place.

Did Dijana or the elders screen shot it and send it to her cousin?

Has anyone established Dijana has a female cousin who is married to a non JW, for starters?

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

The amount of people unsubscribing to Lloyds Youtube channel is starting to grow. I feel like I'm watching the slow decline of the JW's lol! Here is his current average subscriber loss from Social Blade:

https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/lloydevans/monthly

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

He's still denying everything and will be posting videos soon.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    So why it took so many years for this to be public...?

It was out in the public in 2017, the same people who submitted it to the authorities now tried back in 2017 but more evidence in terms of Lloyds statements and I presume other stuff recently has meant it can be properly submitted to the authorities.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

A question that's important to ask:

If these chats / emails turn out to be false, who benefits?

Certainly not the VAA or Mike & Kim. They've staked their reputation on these documents being authentic.

So who would ultimately benefit from this fabrication? What would the prevailing narrative be in the aftermath of such a reveal?

Think about that.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    If these chats / emails turn out to be false, who benefits?

So, would Lloyd produce false screenshots and rumors about himself to drown out the things that are true? If Michael Scott did it in the office, I don't see why that wouldn't be a possibility for Lloyd. Afterall, he's been sitting for two months thinking about his options.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit