It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hi Vintage. I had no idea that statement "Your donation will benefit Barbara Anderson" was on my GoFundMe page. Apparently, the owner or operator of GoFindMe designed the website where the name of the individual the money was going to help would be listed. In this case, it should have been Ergali Abishev that would benefit, not me. I'm the "volunteer" who organized the fundraiser.

So I apologize for thinking you were responsible for that statement. In all the years I've been involved with exposing the harm of the Watchtower's policies and practices, I've never asked for a donation to help support my activities so that's why I was so concerned when you stated, "Your donation will benefit Barbara Anderson."

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Now that this thread has made it to 607, will it make it to 1914?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hi DerekMoors. You said to me in your post: “Sorry but I don't see Lloyd's actions as ‘shenanigans’ and ‘controversies’ anymore than I see WT's coverups as mere ‘shenanigans.’”

Your post is interesting and food for thought. I certainly respect the points you made about the importance of speaking out about Lloyd’s confessed decadent proclivities. However, my use of the word, “shenanigans” was purposely done. In an informal sense, it means secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering. I contend that’s exactly what he’s been doing for decades.

I’ve been on this discussion board from its beginning. I was part of the old community of posters when Lloyd made his first post. I have heard of his pugnacious behavior for years but didn’t want to take part in the “controversies” he started that never ended amicably.

Regarding Lloyd’s “shenanigans,” for years I as well as many XJWs were disgusted with his antics, but it was obvious that one day, his undoing was bound to happen and it sure did thanks to the posts on this board.

In conclusion, I want to say that it’s a shame that so much money belonging to former JWs went to Lloyd to spend recklessly on himself and not to someone like Ergali who has actually been doing something quietly but significantly to expose across political Europe the harm of Watchtower’s policies and practices which is now having positive results. More on that later.

• Vintage
    Vintage

nibbled said,

"Hi @vintage I'm in technology design. That's just a "feature" of the GoFundMe.com website design. You cannot designate a different person than whose account the funds are going into for transparency."

Yes, that is true. Why are you telling "me" this?

• nibbled
    nibbled

@NonCoinCollector do you believe in forever, eternity, infinity, or beyond?

• nibbled
    nibbled

@vintage I'm telling "you" this because of your post saying it "benefits" Barbara Anderson. :)

I too thank you for sharing news from watchtowerdocuments.org to support this work, which is usually entirely on a volunteer basis. So thank you for sharing that moment when Barabara first spoke out for donations (for someone else)... I told her that I thought she's the only person I'd trust with a "trust" of my own funds if I was an exJW philanthropist. I'm an exJW. :)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    P.S. - Toon Media is his Romanian friend Arthur Weber's company. It's not Lloyd's entity.

Yes I saw it was registered to his name but since it seems to have been unused since 2013, I assumed they cooked it up together in order to shift the books??!

Thanks for publicising Barbara's go fund. Me for this really, really important exjw delegate's Ergali OSCE 2022 Warsaw speech vintage.

I was going to make a new thread on it actually since most people won't see it buried here. Would you like to? I thought we could post Barbara's six screens interview ? It was absolutely riveting!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I thought this was a thread about a certain John Cedars/Lloyd Evans, not for ‘canceling’ anybody else.

Footnote:

Hi and most warm greetings to Barbara AndersonsInfohttps://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/18048/AndersonsInfo

• Vintage
    Vintage

nibbled, I posted two comments in succession on page 604. In the second comment, I copied a portion of Barbara Anderson's go-fund-me page and pasted it as a comment into this forum. As you can see, in that second comment, I clearly stated: "This message is in the go-fund-me page".

"Vintage-
    Barbara Anderson has never before asked for donations nor started a go-fund-me. This is her first time doing this. She and her husband sent their own money to partially cover the travel expenses of a young man who spoke out against Watchtower and CSA at a conference in Poland. His expenses were $2, 300, but he only had $800. Geoffrey Jackson was there in attendance, but quickly left. Here is the link to the story and Barbara Anderson's go-fund-me for the young man who spoke at the conference."

Vintage-
    "This message is in the go-fund-me page:
    You're supporting Our Delegate v. Watchtower at OSCE 2022, Warsaw

Your donation will benefit Barbara Anderson"

On page 606, Barbara Anderson posted a comment. I responded with a screenshot of the go-fund-me page from which I had copied.

After my post, you wrote:

nibbled-

"Hi @vintage I'm in technology design. That's just a "feature" of the GoFundMe.com website design. You cannot designate a different person than whose account the funds are going into for transparency."

I then wrote, "Yes, that is true. Why are you telling "me" this?"

You answered, "vintage, I'm telling "you" this because of your post saying it "benefits" Barbara Anderson. (Smiley face emoji.)

nibbled-
    In one of my comments, I did a copy-and-paste of a portion of Barbara Anderson's go-fund-me page.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister, I'm so pleased that you were as impressed with it as I was. Yes, would you go ahead and make a new thread for it? That seems to be in agreement with Barbara Anderson's wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit