It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    To compare Lloyd being called out on his hooker addiction being comparable to rape! And Lloyd thinks she's unfairly being trolled for saying that.

Agreed. For me, his lack of awareness that this is a ridiculous and offensive comparison to make to the very people he is advocating for really bothers me. He is prepared to take the sympathy over advocating that this is a disgusting comparison šŸ˜ž

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Whits he bumping his gums aboot noo?
    Aye that's right. I reckon someone asked if he had paid Mark aka John Redwood

What the deuce is that man on?šŸ˜‚ Does he think we should be impressed he didn't take a fee for going on the Aftermath?šŸ˜‚I guarantee it wouldn't even cross the minds of those with the real stories on aftermath to get paid.

Does he think we're idiots to believe he suddenly decided to pay Marc the last few episodes (Ā£100 quid I think he offered. Not quite the three grand he often gets for livestreams)

Who the hell does he think he is to get an appearance fee for discussing CSA on mainstream shows? If that's what he demands for publicising child abuse its sickening. He's not even a victim and he's certainly not a professional. He didn't even take part in any judicial's around CSA (well, maybe except his own allegedly)šŸ˜¬*

*Probably shouldn't have written that. Should I? Still confused.

• vienne
    vienne

Winston? I agree. He's deluded and has a criminal past he tries to hide with a suit and tie. But ... as with most videos by former adherents, his videos are pathetic, irrelevant and grating on the nerves.

But really? "Some just want to come after us to get attention drawn to themselves."

Could you think more of yourselves? You make many videos. And as with most videos by former adherents, yours are mostly irrelevant, meaningless, a function of anger with little worth.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

"Cry-Bullies"

At 0:55 Douglas Murray describes this behaviour perfectly using a term coined by Julie Burchill.

It's a behaviour Lloyd encapsulates perfectly. Bully people in order to get what you want (& protect your income stream) & When you are caught out, present yourself as a victim.

(Douglas happens to be describing the turnaround by "Libs Of Tik Tok" Doxxer Taylor Lorenz, a 'reporter' who only 2 weeks earlier was crying over "bullies" harassing her family & doxxing her.)

https://youtu.be/VHzJFMcir8E

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I rewatched the Andrew Gold / Dr. Sohom Das discussion. Things get very interesting starting around the 33 minute mark as they discuss Lloyd Evans being a narcissist. Then at 35:40, Dr. Das says Lloyd is not a sociopath but rather a psychopath. Wow! Watching Andrew's face at that moment is priceless.

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more
    Then at 35:40, Dr. Das says Lloyd is not a sociopath but rather a psychopath. Wow! Watching Andrew's face at that moment is priceless.

Having a doctor call it is the cherry on top of this sh!t cake.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Dr Sohom has definitely got a point there, about psychopaths having better forward-planning than sociopaths, because Lloyd seems to have been very strategic over the years. He has known exactly who he could afford to alienate and discard and who to keep onside and use. To get dozens of people to work for him for free, and for them to feel that it was a good setup, while at the same time disguising the trail of destruction, must involve an impressive set of interpersonal skills.

So what went wrong? Perhaps he simply overreached himself, and his past finally caught up with him. Itā€™s like that woman with the fake blood tests who built a company worth billions of poundsā€”eventually reality finally caught up with her and the whole faƧade fell apart.

On the other hand Lloyd is still making a feisty display of carrying on regardless. It looks like a pretty hopeless endeavour, but with his track record of fooling people he obviously still believes he has a chance of weathering this storm.

• Simon
    Simon

Lloyd thought he was untouchable, like Thanos

In reality, he was a fraud, like Theranos

On the other hand Lloyd is still making a feisty display of carrying on regardless. It looks like a pretty hopeless endeavour, but with his track record of fooling people he obviously still believes he has a chance of weathering this storm.

There's a constant supply of "fresh meat" for him - people leaving who don't know his history, who'll come across his videos with comments full of nothing but adulation (because he deletes anything that questions him).

What we need to do is promote other voices, and that people shouldn't wallow in being an exJW and obsessing about the WTS for the rest of their lives, but instead recover and move on.

I have some thoughts / plans to help with this.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Good idea, Simon. One of the biggest attractions of his channel was the number of leaked videos and letters he was able to ā€œexclusively revealā€. If other channels got more effective at handling leaked material quickly and effectively that would go a long way to displacing his niche. That could be quite a challenge to replicate to be honest, because Lloyd has always had an uncanny ability to absorb and respond to developments lightning fast. Even when he was on this forum, there could be a leak one day, and the next day, or even within hours, he would have a pages-long rebuttal ready to go.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Another ironic thing is that Lloyd falsely accused Kim Silvio of making libellous statements when all she did was state the facts of the situation which he himself confirmed. Yet now, because of his own lies and mishandling of the situation, heā€™s got an investigative journalist comparing him to a cult leader, and a qualified psychiatrist describing his behaviour as narcissistic and psychopathic. Surely thatā€™s more ā€œlibellousā€ than anything Kim Silvio put out. Heā€™d have a stronger case complaining about those descriptions, Iā€™d imagine, although Andrew Gold and Dr Sohom presumably know what they are allowed to say. I suspect any judicial process would find those opinions fair enough, in the circumstances, given his behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit