It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Hi BottanicPepper,

Information is controlled, and when you live in a sleepy town in the heart of England there was no need to doubt.

I can assure you that the bustling city of New York in the 70s and 80s was quite the same. Possibly even more so, since the organization was headquartered there. And even though we were close to it and were able to visit with less effort, the pilgrimage was no less sacred and special for many. It's amazing how easy it was to keep people in the dark before the internet tore down all of those walls.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

When you are born in, before the age of the internet, and information is rigidly controlled and you are threatened with eternal cutting off from all your family and friends, it can take you a long time to leave. Saying ‘the WTS convinces no one’ is an unbelievably callous and cruel dismissal of peoples lived experience.

I can’t believe I even have to explain this. Took me 32 years from birth to escape.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

vienne is there any kind of opposition to JWs you approve, or do you object to the entire enterprise?

Thanks Diogenesister for the reference to Aspinalls’ videos, they are quite good.

Many people film in front of books, Watch Tower History, KimMikey, even Sanderson, Jackson, and others on the GB like to have books behind them. As you say, in some homes it’s practically unavoidable.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Here is a Twitter exchange back on January 2 when few knew what Lloyd Evans was doing in Thailand at the time. To paraphrase Lloyd, it is frankly depressing such stupidity can come from a 40-something brain. Lloyd you abandoned your family and ran off to Thailand using money meant for your "activism" to hire "girlfriends."

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Jesus fuck thank god Im banned from his Twitter because reading that is just infuriating.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

So on 2 January, a week into his sex worker holiday against the express wishes of his wife, he has the nerve to label someone not acting like an adult and stupid.

What a hypocritical asshole. He deserves all of this unwanted attention and more.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

So on 2 January, a week into his sex worker holiday against the express wishes of his wife, he has the nerve to label someone not acting like an adult and stupid.

And that is why I posted this. Lloyd Evans is guilty of being more than "just a flawed individual." This man is a hypocrite of the highest order. As Dr Sohom Das said to Andrew Gold, Lloyd is a narcissist and a psychopath. He has the nerve to call this woman stupid while he is off cheating on his wife with prostitutes in Thailand. This man makes me sick.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

The fact that even when he is in Thailand banging prostitutes he doesn’t have a day off from moralising, hectoring and arguing on social media, is really tragic.

He’s like an MP cottaging in some public toilets but simultaneously remoting in to a House of Commons debate to make sure everyone knows how important he is.

• Newly Enlightened
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Here is another example of Lloyd Evans calling someone stupid. When called out on it by Robert, Lloyd goes off in typical fashion. I would love to know how someone can be this rude online and yet build the following he had. Keep in mind that around this time Lloyd was also planning his Thailand vacation so he could cheat on his wife with prostitutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit