It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more

RED ALERT

We have a harpy in the thread - sorry an Evans Gate Follower, sorry a Branch Lloydivian, Sorry a Cedarite - A PRO - LLOYDER

Get your crazy mofo a$$ out of here James Lloyd Evans.

Lets face it. You commit the crime, you do the time!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

On a positive note, I like the way the pro Lloyd post is not deleted.

I absolutely detest the way Lloyd Evans only allows sycophantic posts on his youtube channel!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Me too.

I'd rather treat any pro-lloyd posts seriously and with tact. If they post here in the hopes that they get attacked, so they can claim that it's just a mob out to get him, they'll be derailed if the response is to ask direct and uncomfortable questions instead. Then it will start to look as if his closest followers are just trying to disrupt the thread instead of trying to get at the truth of the matter.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

Absolutely. Welcome, Lloyd, in all your sock puppet guides. If you want to come back to me and apologise for {insert random thing I could get offended by} then I will welcome you back with open arms.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Regarding Tibor's compensation, he mentioned having a college email we could reach him at and with that in mind, I tend to think he's paid like an intern. The real issue is this: It was one of his earlier Patreon goals that he promised to hire someone on a fulltime basis to assist with the production once he hit his 530 Patron goal. So he used that promise as a means to drive his pledges up, paid Tibor as little as he could get away with and pocketed the rest.

I'm sure if his Patrons continue to drop, at some point he'll pull a Stephen Lett and threaten to let Tibor go because he can't afford him anymore when in reality he can well afford what he's paying him even at 100 Patrons.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I wouldn't be surprised if he was underpaid, since as a college student it's not unusual to work as an intern or for a lower-than-market wage. He gets valuable experience while building an online resume of real-world work that can be checked and critiqued. With something like a YouTube channel, there is the added benefit that it can serve as a timeline, letting prospective employers see his progress over time.

Until recently, he would also have been able to take advantage of the recommendation of a content creator who was doing important work and had made a name for himself, even if it was in a relatively small pond. Now that Evans has set fire to the pond (and burned his reputation to a crisp in the process), the recommendation won't be as useful, but at least the body of work is still there.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

What will Lloyd come up with next, to attract some patrons? Maybe he will declare he's now trans or something? Looking forward to the next saga.

• JWBeliefsDiscussed
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

On a positive note, I like the way the pro Lloyd post is not deleted.

I absolutely detest the way Lloyd Evans only allows sycophantic posts on his youtube channel!

That is what I like about this discussion forum. Only tacky stuff gets deleted. Simon is the perfect moderator. If you really love James Lloyd Evans AKA John Cedars AKA Lloyd Evans, feel free and come on here and defend him. But if the best you have is "stop lying" then you have nothing. First identify what on here is a lie and we'll talk about it. Speculation on green screens or where Little Lloyd has been is not lies. We're smart enough to separate speculation from fact.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He has also made some comments on here I believe about writing the forward for Lloyd's second book that were suspect. He claimed that Lloyd could be earning a lot more in the secular world but cared so much about the exJW cause he was essentially taking a pay cut.

You've got to be kidding me! He actually wrote that? C'mon Paul.

That '2nd book' was another dubious act from Lloyd and I'd be surprised if Paul doesn't know why.

A dude called 'The Great Apostate' (Neil) wrote a book about 'How to leave Jehovah's Witnesses'. He was very public about doing so and that it would be a free book to help PiMOs. Just after he published it, lo and behold Lloyd started to do exactly the same thing except he charged for the book AND started advertising for people to add their stories in the back!!! £200 no less!!

I've noticed he refers to himself as a journalist now. I think that's a bit of a stretch merely for writing blog posts, given he has no training in the field.

I've actually always thought it would was Marc O'Donnell who had the real literary talent on JW survey.Lloyd's gift is definitely being front of camera, rather than as a writer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit