It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Lloyd loves to remind everyone that "all he's guilty of is being a flawed individual", in order to diminish what he's done.

The problem with this is that it's such a catch-all, it literally covers the entirety of human existence, from having an ingrowing toe-nail to being Jimmy Saville. Both are examples of someone being "flawed" after all.

The problem is that it's such a generic concept.

Imagine someone has committed a crime, if they say "all I've done is committed a legal violation" it tells you nothing. Because what matters is the nature of the crime to determine its real severity. Because stealing a boiled sweet from Woolworths pick'n'mix is not the same as rape or murder, but both fall under the heading of "committed a crime".

And of course this is why he does it. He uses the generic term to avoid reminding people about "the thing" but then trots out the more serious specific examples such as "I haven't killed anyone or clubbed a seal" so he looks less culpable by comparison.

He's a master of misleading double-speak and trickery to both make out other people have done wrong when they haven't, but also to absolve himself of guilt for far more serious moral failings. I guess people do learn something from MTS after all ... they learn how to lie.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

Would love to hear a Javi interview. After all, he must have been pretty close to him.

I also wonder what happened to the other guy from Romania, which I actually never liked and never understood why was he often a guest, besides the fact that he was friend with Lloyd.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some thoughts on Lloyd.

1) His first problem is that he's treating his you tube revenue like a zero sum game. In his brain, the only way somebody else gains Patrons is by stealing them from Lloyd. Does it even occur to him that people are quite capable of watching more than one youtube channel?

2) I recall the days when I was first exiting the Watchtower, this was around 1988. My wife and I did hours of research at the public library and a couple of Christian bookstores that had entire racks devoted to cult studies. It was exciting times, we picked up new information almost daily.

I assume that many of Lloyd's Patron's are in a similar space. Everything is shiny, fresh and new. Some of us who have been around for awhile know that most of what Lloyd is saying is old stuff. (There is precious little new anything in Watchtower land). From that point of view, Lloyd Evans is a genius, but they can't see that while some information is new to them, it isn't actually new.

3) What follows is entirely opinion on my part.

Some where back in this thread I noted a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche. "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

Lloyd, you're on your way to becoming the monster. The attempts to silence your critics, the focus on you as the leader, the emphasis on money in your ministry have all the hallmarks of a cult. I know, you're an atheist, I assume you don't think of yourself has having a ministry. But your methods are just like the missionaries in the church I used to attend. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I would be curious to know what Kim Silvio thinks of this assertation since she has made comments and videos about what Lloyd is earning

Firstly, I found Paul's comment regarding "there is very little to be made out the exJW community" extremely uncomfortable. I can only conclude that his intention and my interpretation of this statement is massively varied.

Secondly, regarding his financials in 2017-2018, I have no idea I was still a JW at that time. I would suspect it is a case of Paul either having been given the impression as to what Lloyd's income was from Lloyd and therefore speaking on that basis, or simply Paul making assumptions. I don't know, but its an interesting thread to read, thanks for pointing it out.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Lloyd loves to remind everyone that "all he's guilty of is being a flawed individual", in order to diminish what he's done.

If you happen to see Lloyd making that excuse for me could you please let me know.....what is it you say....he hasnt.....oh ok, I see how that works. Being a flawed individual only applies to him as an excuse....GOT IT.....

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I also wonder what happened to the other guy from Romania, which I actually never liked and never understood why was he often a guest, besides the fact that he was friend with Lloyd.

Arthur is the Romanian guy. He is still around. He has close connections in an online group that discuss information regarding the WT. This information is valuable to Lloyd.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Lloyd, you're on your way to becoming the monster. The attempts to silence your critics, the focus on you as the leader, the emphasis on money in your ministry have all the hallmarks of a cult. I know, you're an atheist, I assume you don't think of yourself has having a ministry. But your methods are just like the missionaries in the church I used to attend. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

As sad as it is to say, I couldn't agree with your opinion more.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Silentlamb since you asked this:

Can anyone find out how much such a GFE in Thailand costs? Must be a fortune for those pretty girls - I mean women to service neckbeards.

I found this on Twitter and it seems to be priced about right.

So $3000 for the "girlfriend experience" plus air travel of maybe $1000-$1500. $4500 sounds about right for 3 weeks of "scuba diving and enjoying the food."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I assume that many of Lloyd's Patron's are in a similar space. Everything is shiny, fresh and new. Some of us who have been around for awhile know that most of what Lloyd is saying is old stuff. (There is precious little new anything in Watchtower land). From that point of view, Lloyd Evans is a genius, but they can't see that while some information is new to them, it isn't actually new.

Absolutely correct Jeff !

Since Lloyd claims his you tube activity is his “work” the imperative for him and many other you tubers is to produce content to keep his punters happy and believing that it’s essential knowledge that he’s churning out.

The reality is quite different; occasionally there might be something of real interest but in all honesty we can tread the path to freedom without most of it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The tweet by Lloyd on p. 170:

"Having made a video about one man's traumatizing experience of online bullying you now help facilitate it"

Fuck me, I just don't know what to say to this. Well, I'll try ... Lloyd you are most definitely *not* a victim.

Trafficked girls forced into sex work - they're victims.

Your two little girls, Lloyd - they're innocent victims.

Your wife - she's a victim.

But not you Lloyd. You're just a just a pervy, fat loser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit