It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Well even if £130k is correct, that would be closer to £10k a month.

If the 130k was $ USD denominated instead then it would be more like £100k per year, or £8.3k a month.

I find that more believable and also inline with what the patreon stats / estimated earning show.

But what does it matter? This is not the issue. Don't bark up the wrong tree.

If he was defaulting on paying people money or something then it would matter, but it's really only slightly relevant in that it points to the motivation behind his "activist", but it's not the scandal that his cheating, lying and whoreing is.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yeah, I am not really interested in his income totals. Good for him, if he was able to have that kind of success from such a relatively small niche. But, at the same time, it may have confirmed in his mind that his harsh and uncompromising approach was the key to success. And now, he is seeing that there are a lot of things that money cannot buy: common sense, wisdom, a sense of proportion... and common sense.

It may be that his most pressing concern is not that the money will run out, but that he'll have to dish out half of it to his wife (possibly his soon-to-be ex-wife) and kids. And to really bad lawyers who've never written an English-language cease-and-desist letter before. And maybe even a defense lawyer or two.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

For me the income is only relevant because I feel it shows how he absolutely cannot give up his activist / YouTube job. He has no other skills, and he would have to take an infeasible income hit if he had to get a real job.

IMO he will continue to double down and fight like a cat trapped down an alley by a large dog.

He can’t afford to do anything else. Unlike the rest of us who actually work a job and support our families, he has to continue producing content and protecting his ‘activism’.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I realize his income isn't the "main" issue, however it is still important. IF he is gaining this income through false pretenses he could be prosecuted (at least in the US). I'm still doing some research but it appears to me that Patreon won't initiate an audit unless one of his donors complains.

I still have a few questions, namely what constitutes "activism?" In my brain that would mean doing things like lobbying law makers to change the laws about reporting sex molesters, or using tax free charitable donations to fight lawsuits. As far as I know all he does with the money is blather on youtube or take vacation in Thailand. Leaving aside the prostitutes, is that what his donors want to fund?

• Simon
    Simon
    For me the income is only relevant because I feel it shows how he absolutely cannot give up his activist / YouTube job. He has no other skills, and he would have to take an infeasible income hit if he had to get a real job.

Absolutely, he's totally compromised. He's THE person most dependent on the WTS who isn't a JW.

Heck, he's more dependent on them than most JWs are. They can leave, but this is his life.

The money appears to have corrupted him and if you look at most people who get sudden access to more money, it has a tendency to allow them to be who they are and live the life they really want. Voila - man whore.

I believe it's also the driving motivator for his behavior with other activists and why he's gone after YouTube makers most, because they are taking potential eyeballs (to him, $$$) from his "hacktivism". He's systematically worked to shut people down and drive them away leaving him the "market".

BTW: This is a good watch / commentary on his latest interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcs5qgVZiA

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

What did you think of him comparing himself to Spiderman,and quoting him :With great power comes great responsibility... Seriously ? I was wondering why spiderman than I saw this photo...allegedly ...

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

and this one too...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Where are you getting that number from? Remember: if things are wrong / invented, it gives him ammunition to claim "disinformation", so we need to stick to known facts.

I agree, perhaps I shouldn't have posted that.

He earns ten times the average good wage in Croatia. So I took the average good British wage £2,500 to £3000 per month and X by ten to give Brits an estimation of his standard of living.

1. I should have made that clearer

2. It may not be entirely relevent since Croatia has particularly low earnings and he would probably pay for goods and services/flights etc from companies based outside of Croatia therefore it's probably an inflated estimate in real terms.

I don't like the thought of making posts he can use out of context so please remove it Simon if you want? Might be better.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    it gives him ammunition to claim "disinformation", so we need to stick to known facts.

Lloyd’s company tax returns are available to the public on the internet and they show the details. Just to clarify, it $130.00USD, which is about £100,000 👍

• Simon
    Simon
    He earns ten times the average good wage in Croatia. So I took the average good British wage £2,500 to £3000 per month and X by ten to give Brits an estimation of his standard of living.

Then that should have been included rather than claiming it as his income.

But it doesn't really work like that. While earnings are different in various countries in absolute terms, goods are often priced to sell in different areas. That's why everyone has TVs and refrigerators whatever country they live in ... they pay a lot less for them. Costs for housing and other things will also be lower to match.

There are sites that will compare actual earning power in different countries, often for people emigrating. Things can often be cheaper than the direct currency conversion to account for the income differences.

https://www.expatistan.com/price/tv/zagreb-croatia

Of course if you are living in a low-cost country and earning more prime rate income remotely, then you will be on a much better standard of living which may actually make it more like earning a lot more.

The bottom line is you probably get a more for you money in Croatia than in the UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit