It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Ironically, as Fateful Slave mentioned in his reaction video, that most of us had moved on from Lloydgate but he himself has brought it all back to the fore which is hilarious.

I think you're right. I was ready to move on and leave Lloyd alone, but the man now has my attention more than ever. It makes me wonder if any of our voices are in his head.

• Simon
    Simon
    It makes me wonder if any of our voices are in his head.

All of them, rent free!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s a shame Lloyd wasn’t made to answer the questing of legality directly. Prostitution is illegal in Croatia (according to Wikipedia), so he admitted that he regularly breaks the law. In his livestream he brushed off the question of legality with a kind of irritated sneer and moved on. How can he engage lawyers to issue threats when he is the one breaking the law?

• TropicalMermaid
    TropicalMermaid

Kim, Im confident I'm working towards the right direction...baby steps, but steps non the less.

This scandal has been eye opening for me. Like a Will Smith slap in the face eye opening. Mostly, I realized, that by me keeping silent for years after I understood how the org allowed my past to happen, I've only helped the org. Just like if you would've kept all this hush hush, it would've only helped Lloyd.

Speaking out matters. Even listening to Andrew's live stream today...he felt so bad for letting Mr. Evans give him the run around during the initial interview. He was conflicted for not doing enough and felt bad about not pushing back enough. If a professional journalist is learning from all this...I can too. We all can.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Can you just imagine what is going on in the minds of his JW father and sister right now?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

His sister won’t have anything to do with him and it’s nothing JW related. Does anyone else remember the video he made about her doing a sponsored run then he took it down because she didn’t want his support.

It’s Dijana’s parents feel for. They thought she was marrying a good English JW pioneer and he’s turned out to be the son in law from hell.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

How he managed to stay in their home after this all broke two months ago I'll never understand.

What father here would've put up with an in-house son-in-law for even a day after he admitted cheating on your daughter with prostitutes for years and demeaning her publicly for the world to see?

I'm not going to post what I would've done.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I am going through a traumatizing experience, I am seeing a psychiatrist over this.

Later, Lloyd on a couch:

Lloyd: "Dr, this the most traumatizing experience I've ever gone through and, I don't know how to deal with it."

Dr: "Maybe it's time to take a break, perhaps pursue other things."

Lloyd: But I've spent all this time building a platform, and they are taking it all away."

Dr: "Well, you did fuck some girls in Thailand over Christmas, so... there's that."

Lloyd: "You don't see why I'm troubled?!!"

Dr: "Oh, I do. But you are objectively in the wrong here."

Lloyd: "I'll have to add you to the suit!"

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Jude 3 Laura 2 Thank you for a great video

https://youtu.be/NpT0FiM7BSU

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    His sister won’t have anything to do with him and it’s nothing JW related. Does anyone else remember the video he made about her doing a sponsored run then he took it down because she didn’t want his support.

In his book, it was hinted that they had a distant relationship. It had much to do with their mum and how Lloyd felt he was her intellectual equivalent and true bearer of her legacy. He dedicated the book to mum and bestowed her name upon his second born as a middle name. Lloyd's telling of the events surrounding her death gave a few details:

Lloyd was the first she called from hospital when she got her terminal cancer diagnosis. After he had time to process the information, he called his sister who was in field service at the time. He met her and she demanded to know on the spot. He resisted but she kept pressing so he revealed it to her in a car park. Naturally she became upset and hysterical as Lloyd described it. He made it seem like he was the only "adult in the room" as his sister was in complete panic mode and his dad was waxing on about seeing mum in paradise. He complained of having to drive as she sobbed uncontrollably in the back seat on the way to hospital and offered little support to his sister.

At the funeral Lloyd seemed to take centre stage as the others were grieving. He brought his acoustic guitar and performed "Life Without End At Last". From that point on he continually described his sister as having emotional problems but really lit into his dad. He labelled him as a chronically unemployed simpleton who had no business being with his mother.

During the time before his disassociation, his dad actually seemed to take a moderate stance (JW-wise) towards his apostasy. Lloyd had earlier admitted he was going inactive due to questions about the doctrine and his dad flew to Croatia to see him. He knew about the website and made it clear he disapproved but would shun him if Lloyd took action to disassociate. Nothing was ever mentioned about his sister and her reaction to his DA and one is left to speculate they fell out sometime before this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit