84 Lumber Commercial

by azor 236 Replies latest jw friends

• azor
    azor

LUHE first off you used the word racist, and fascist as a descriptor. I didn't. Second I'm partly Hispanic and find the word he used extremely offensive. It is very similar to the n-word in this community and he knows that.

If you are so sure this word doesn't mean anything I dare you to go into a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood use it and see what happens.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

You know what's bad PR? Alienating nearly 40% of customers so can have a virtue signaling commercial in the Super Bowl.

azor: It's not similar to the n-word because it's latinos that started calling each other that...mojado isn't racist...maybe classist, but then again, you're the one who called me low class earlier, so I guess classism is something we have in common.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

isn't a border a virtual wall? Not literal and tangible, but to separate land? Jurisdictions?

I think most people Trump was trying to tap into with this wall thing are anything but racist against Mexicans. Could it be more logical that a person or family in America that is struggling inside the country to survive, and paying taxes WITHIN THEIR DESIGNATED BORDERS, are also supporting those who are breaking the law to benefit? I am not saying its a correct way of thinking, but it is what people think, and its not racist. The united states imposes taxes and laws on its own citizens, now someone who chooses to struggle to obey those laws, may resent someone (anyone really) who disregards the same law provider, in this case the United States.

There are racists, always will be sadly, but the laws and borders are not racist, and the people sensitive about enforcing those things are not automatically racist either. No matter how badly you want them to be.

• azor
    azor

Wall of hate. Perception pardon the pun trumps all. How does most of Mexico see it. Why not a wall along the northern border. That's where most of the terrorists crossed into the US. It has the appearance of being an anti brown superiority movement.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Jehalepeno it appears that this is a very emotional issue for you. Not surprising coming from someone who calls entire groups of people "wetbacks". Totally unhinged. Seems like you have more in common with the alt right.

And YOU have a lot in common with the regressive left. It if people like you who gave rise to the alt right in the first place with all of your political correctness.

• azor
    azor

By the way Jehalepeno the n-word literally means black. The meaning became derogatory over time as has the term you are using. It doesn't matter where it stemmed from. The current use does.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    It has the appearance of being an anti brown superiority movement.

blah blah blah blah blah.

You haven't addressed any of my posts. Sure would like to see what you have to say about fixing the problems in Mexico so people would not ever feel compelled to cross the border illegally in the first place.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you are so sure this word doesn't mean anything I dare you to go into a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood use it and see what happens - but I'm white British, I'm not gonna go around calling Hispanic people WBs.

Jehalapeno calling illegal Mexican immigrants WBs is like Chris Rock calling criminal and feckless black people the N-word.

Ok, you find that word offensive. But I don't think Jehalapeno is smearing or slurring an entire ethnic group - he's venting against criminals, it seems.

Take Dylan Roof - the racist guy who walked into a church and shot 9 black people. This guy is white trash and the State will soon put him down. I ain't being racist here.

• azor
    azor

Garyneal so it's pc to use the n word or words similar to it?

No it's people like you who have welcomed hateful rhetoric as refreshing.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

canada vs mexico hmmmm....

Well I know in 2014 Mexicans made up about 52% of unauthorized immigrants in America, maybe that is why? Also on the other side of the Mexican border is Mexico and central and south America, not to mention a pretty significant cartel problem in Mexico, with human trafficking and whatnot.

How does most of Mexico see it

What difference does that make? If you are breaking the law and someone stops you, you are not going to see it very nicely. No matter what we do most the countries in the middle east think we are the great Satan, do we need to do everything we can to make sure they don't hate us? I don't think we should agitate countries unnecessarily, but at the end of the day not everyone is going to like things we do, even when we are bending over backward to help them.

I don't think you have explained to me how the wall is a symbol of hate? Azor, how is it a symbol of hate???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit