84 Lumber Commercial

by azor 236 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Xenophobia involves an irrational fear of people from other countries.

Is that what insistence on following the law is? An irrational fear?

But if only that hot-button word could be brought into the argument, then it could be used to silence the other side, eh?

Perhaps next we will hear: "well we don't have a single word term to mean 'discrimination against criminals', so I guess we are left with 'racism'".

MMM

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I'm not classifying an entire group of people as "wetbacks" or "mojados"...just the ones that break the law.

MEXICANS ARE NOT WETBACKS. Those that cross the border illegally are the ones my Mexican family refers to as wetbacks.

Just as my family calls gangsters "thugs" "cholos" "culeros" and "pendejos"

• Simon
    Simon
    Totally unhinged. Seems like you have more in common with the alt right.
    Many people defending illegal immigration refer to people opposing illegal immigration as bigots. That's a debate killer. Can you see the big "I" in the word ILLEGAL. Referring to illegal people as "illegals" is not derogatory, is factual.

This is something we see more and more on a whole slew of issues.

Disagree and present facts and you are labelled alt-right, a bigot and a nazi.

If that's the extent of the reason and argument it's no wonder some people are marching but don't know why and Trump is in power.

• azor
    azor

Jehalepeno you now are using gangster as an analogy to justify what you call illegal immigrants. You are referring to an entire group of people and they are the migrants crossing the border illegally. Keep them coming and show your true colors.

Never a JW you did not address my question. Where in this post has anyone called someone using the term bigot for calling someone illegal.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Yeah, I guess I'm a Mexican Alt Righter just like Milo Yianapolis is a Gay, Jewish, Black Guy Loving, White Supremacist Nazi.

I'm fucking done with progressives.

You are referring to an entire group of people and they are the migrants crossing the border illegally.

I'm referring to a group of individuals breaking the law. Just as I call JWs assholes that follow the Governing Body's direction on reporting pedophiles.

• azor
    azor

Simon I guess your ok with derogatory terms. Good to know.

By the way I've not referred to anyone as a Nazi. Bigot and alt right are not the same thing as a Nazi. You and I both know that so who's the one playing word games.

• azor
    azor

Jehalepeno guess again. I'm not a progressive nor am I on the far left. I'm a centrist who believes how we approach things matters.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"wetbacks", "demonizing", "criminals" C'mon guys, it's economics, complex economics that benefit and hurt the U.S., and the net result is hard to quantify. That's why we have had unchecked illegal immigration for decades.

I feel the main threat to the average white guy is not economics, it's cultural. Yes as a Mexican born and raised in Mexico but living in the U.S. for 30 years, I see how communities of immigrants are changing the landscape... for the worse... It's rather easy to tell the predominant ethnic group living in an area by the looks of that community.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Anyone care to talk about Obama being a Cuban Xenophobe? No? *crickets*... nothing?....anyone want to make some commercials or protest for cuban trying to escape a communist shithole???? nothing?? really??????? someone cry xenophobe or bigot...

That's right, because he can do no wrong in the eyes of the granola crunching, armchair, regressive leftism that realistically puts more energy into hating trump simply because they are outraged than any one single thing he actually does.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Would anyone here be willing to admit that if (hypothetically speaking) Obama and Trump signed the EXACT same executive order the reaction would be different? If you say the reaction would be the same, you are intellectually lying to yourself and this is why the new crazy group think left has lost its collective mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit