84 Lumber Commercial

by azor 236 Replies latest jw friends

• azor
    azor

LUHE I get it. However in your analogy you used a murderer.

Here's a better one. Would you call an illegal Irish immigrant white trash?

• Razziel
    Razziel

You can argue the merits for and against building a wall. But continually calling it a "bigoted wall" and implying anybody who thinks we should build a wall is a bigot is really starting to piss me off.

I have a fence around my house, therefore I hate my neighbors. I keep my doors locked at night so I must be a racist. I like to have friends over, but only when they're invited so I must be a bigot.

That's what the average Joe hears when you tell them they're bigoted for wanting to protect their country's border. If you continually accuse people of hate, eventually you're going to get what you asked for.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Garyneal so it's pc to use the n word or words similar to it? No it's people like you who have welcomed hateful rhetoric as refreshing.

Off topic. Explain to me how the problems in Mexico can be fixed so that the Mexican people do not need to cross the border illegally? Yes, ILLEGALLY.

I cannot enter into any other country without going through customs, why should the people of Mexico be given a special pass into America?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

To quote Brandon Judd, the head of the Border Patrol Union who supports the "wall", "We're not talking about a great wall of the United States. We're not talking about a continuous wall from California down to Texas. We're talking about a wall in strategic locations which then helps the Border Patrol agents do their job better."

Sounds soooooooo much less sensational than the great trump wall of hate

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Spoletta

I know a lot of companies take hiring very serious maybe some do not. All the companies I have been involved with stick to the rules.

As far as Trump's tax return, he has only been in office a very short time - well excuse me - how long did it take us to see Obama's birth certificate. That should have been a lot easier then some of these rediculous tax returns some of us have to file.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Azor, I am still waiting for you to intelligently articulate how the "Wall" represents hate?

• azor
    azor

Freemind fade it's about appearance and you know that. Stop playing dumb. I know why we are not talking about a northern wall. It's perception. The same as the brexit vote had the appearance to many as an anti immigrant movement. There were many that pushed for it that way and voted for it that way.

I'm all for national sovereignty and protecting the borders. This wall though has nationalist populisms dirty little hands all over it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

However in your analogy you used a murderer.

Here's a better one. Would you call an illegal Irish immigrant white trash? - good point.

In isolation, no I wouldn't call one illegal Irish immigrant white trash.

However, if Britain had a serious problem with illegal immigration from Ireland, and I was an Irish immigrant living legally in Britain, and got flack for being of Irish decent ... well yes, I just might call illegal Irish immigrants white trash.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@azor: Define "bigot".

MMM

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Ok, so to sum up I asked you to intelligently explain to me the symbolic hate represented by the wall, and your response is:

it's about appearance and you know that. Stop playing dumb.

oh my and even after I quoted Brandon Judd: "We're not talking about a great wall of the United States. We're not talking about a continuous wall from California down to Texas. We're talking about a wall in strategic locations which then helps the Border Patrol agents do their job better."

I think it symbolizes the hate you want it to, and not what it really is, just an increased security measure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit