Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Inky,

I'm so very sorry for you, and so disgusted with the WT. I pray your son comes to his senses soon.

I can only wish the GB could experience the pain they put so many through by their shunning policies. I hope some day they meet up face to face with the pain they continue to cause so many good people. They deserve it!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Wow, what a letter. Not only a letter of shunning, but heck, it's not even worded nicely at all. It's so friggin cold it's unreal. Sad. Very sad.

Sorry about this situation Mulan and Inky. I hope someday, things will improve.

• rocky220
    rocky220

No man or organization should have so much influence as to cause this tragedy! If my momma joined the mafia, I'd still be her daughter 100%!

This guy is a straight-up a-hole and what he's doing is NOT bible based! Botchtower does it again!rocky220

• Mulan
    Mulan
    perhaps he wants to prove to his wifes family that he is a GOOD witness and does not associate with apostates.

This made me chuckle. Her mother is a witness but her father isn't. Dave thinks someone should warn this young woman that she is likely marrying someone who will emotionally abuse her. I have wondered what she thinks about the way he is treating his mother.

Irene's (Inky) great sin, in this son's eyes, was quitting going to meetings. Ultimately they disassociated her, but the kids had cut her off long before that happened. She also divorced their alcoholic father who refused to get a job, and who rarely goes to meetings. Interestingly, the girls thought she was right in getting the divorce and it was long overdue.

Inky's ex now lives in a small travel trailer in his father's driveway, near our home. I hear he still isn't going to meetings, but the kids still flock around him....................he still "believes".

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful posts. Irene emailed me last and said this "I am heart broken tonight and the friends comments have meant the world to
    me and I really mean that. At least these friends are giving me back my faith
    in humanity. Which is a little shakey right now if you know what I mean."

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

That's what I was thinking Mulan. If he can write that to his own mother what scathing letter will his wife get when/if she does something he does not approve of. What does the non-jw son think of all this? I am so happy she has him at least. Take care Inky.

• Scully
    Scully

Inky, if you are reading these posts.....

I just had an idea. You could write a letter to your son, and include a copy of the letter he sent to you as an attachment. I was thinking your letter could be along the lines of the following:

Dear Son:

I am sending you a copy of your letter to me for your future use. Please enclose a copy of it in every set of magazines you present in the door to door ministry, to show everyone in "the world" what kind of "love" Jehovah's Witnesses display. Please also provide a copy to your fiancée, so she will understand what kind of man she is planning to marry. Even if you had invited me to your wedding, I would not, in good conscience, be able to show my support for a life-long union between a loving, mild, industrious young woman with someone as cold-hearted and cruel as yourself. She really deserves better. I raised you better than that.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I made the right decision to distance myself from Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society. You have done a greater service to humanity than you can ever imagine.

Love Always, Mom

Love, Scully

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ooooooooooooo, that is SO good, Scully. She wrote him a letter the other day, but hadn't sent it yet, or I would have thought his letter was a reply to it. It was really good and along these lines.............she thought it was too harsh, but this one is really good.

Interestingly, she had decided not to go to his wedding anyway, because she would be a "blubbering mess", and didn't want to spoil his day. So, in the end, he didn't need to say those things to her.

I don't think he invited any of his King relatives (Inky's family) either, and not all are out of the Borg either. Some were never witnesses, and I know there will be some like that at the wedding.

I just had an EVIL thought................I know the elders in that congregation. I could make a copy of that letter and send it to a couple of them, so they know what kind of a MS they have in that cong. I think they will have something to say to him about the lack of love he is showing his mother. (I won't do that though...............she would kill me.

There is nothing against a da'd or df'd person going to a wedding at a KH. I think one of the previous posters was right on about this. He doesn't want her there to remind him of a sad element of his life. He can go through the day pretending all is beautiful and perfect in his life.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

ooooooo Scully, what an awsome letter. I definitely like that reply to the son.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Even if you had invited me to your wedding, I would not, in good conscience, be able to show my support for a life-long union between a loving, mild, industrious young woman with someone as cold-hearted and cruel as yourself. She really deserves better.

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!

Please send this letter!!!! and send a similar note to his fiance!!!

• Princess
    Princess
    Dave thinks someone should warn this young woman that she is likely marrying someone who will emotionally abuse her. I have wondered what she thinks about the way he is treating his mother.

Get me her phone number. Does she even know he wrote this? Better yet, you get her number from your friend and you call her. She can't talk to me but she can talk to you. She definitely needs to be warned. That mild comment that dedalus pointed out really is bugging me now. Who would say that except someone looking for a woman to boss around. Really, I mean it. She needs to hear the letter and so do the elders. I told Steve last night that the PO or the CO need a copy of it. It's hideous.

Like I said yesterday, it made me want to go to the wedding just to piss him off. I wouldn't go empty handed though, I'd bring copies of the letter and make sure people were reading it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit