Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess
    Princess
    I just wanted to caution your family not to let the pain motivate you folks to do something rash you will later regret.

Good advice. I really don't know him. His mom is my cousin and I never really got to know him growing up. He wouldn't have anything to do with us after we left the org and got upset when anyone pointed out the family resemblance even.

I wouldn't do anything to retaliate. I agree that his cruelty is better ignored. I do worry for the girl who is about to marry him. If she knows fully the situation then great. If not, I'd want to know, wouldn't you? Shouldn't her father have some sort of understanding of how this man treats his mother and how the cult has influenced him to cut her off? What's to stop him from being cut off too? He's an unbeliever, just like Irene, the only difference is her father never joined.

Mostly just venting here, don't worry. The most I'd do is make sure the girl and her father knew the whole story.

• inky
    inky

Well I just don't know what to say. I am overwhelmed. Thank you all for your kindness and sympathy. I have actually had pain in my heart over this letter. I really didn't expect him to say those things. I am actually thinking of sending him a letter that states that " he must not be my son, my son would never, never have written those things to his mother. If he finds him will he let him know that his mother misses him and has a plate of lasagne in the frig waiting to be heated up. Please be sure to tell him to bring his guitar and we can sing songs again like we did when he was young. Tell him his mother loves him unconditionally and is waiting to give him a big hug and kiss. She misses him."

I know this sounds corny but maybe he will think about it. Scully, your letter was great but I guess I am too "mild" to send it.(hah)

Thanks again, Inky

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I have to say reading that letter just took my breath away!!! Having three children myself, I am heartbroken that you have had to experience what this religion does to families. It takes away the most basic human emotions of family, love, protection. I am sending your way the best positive emotion that I can think of.

I am also lighting a candle in honor of all those parents that have lost that special relationship with a child because of a cult.

Love

Leslie

• Azalo
    Azalo

my parents sent me a similar letter, I dont have it anymore but I think they even sent it by certified mail and all my siblings signed it. but a few months passed and they all treat me about the same as before some better even, so maybe there is hope.

• Swan
    Swan
    I am actually thinking of sending him a letter that states that " he must not be my son, my son would never, never have written those things to his mother. If he finds him will he let him know that his mother misses him and has a plate of lasagne in the frig waiting to be heated up. Please be sure to tell him to bring his guitar and we can sing songs again like we did when he was young. Tell him his mother loves him unconditionally and is waiting to give him a big hug and kiss. She misses him."

I know this sounds corny but maybe he will think about it.

Actually, this doesn't sound corny. It sounds like a mild and well thought out parental rebuke. It is full of love and yet lets him know that his letter was unnecessarily hurtful. It sounds like a loving and heartfelt message from someone who wants to remind him of the love that you have for him in spite of the hurtful things he says. I would seriously consider sending this.

Bravo!

Tammy

• pandora
    pandora

I didn't take the time to read every last reply to this message. Whether I express an opinion already expressed is not relavent.

I am sooo sorry that the WT has brainwashed him soo completely. It is a tragedy. HUGS TO YOU. You deserve them all. I am soo sorry.

((((((((((((INKY))))))))))))))))))))))

There is not much that can be said. And nothing can replace your family. But you are among friends here. We all know how it feels, and we understand your pain.

You are in my heart.

-P(J)

• Swan
    Swan

Princess wrote:

Mostly just venting here, don't worry. The most I'd do is make sure the girl and her father knew the whole story.

That's cool. I should have known you were venting, but I couldn't help remembering a certain pumpkin that gave it's life for the apostate cause one Halloween.

Tammy

• marsal
    marsal

Inky,

When I read your post and the response that you would like to send to your son, I was moved to tears. You sound like such a loving mother.

I think Tammy is right. You should seriously consider sending it to him. It just might touch his heart.

I hate this evil religion for destroying so many families and the heartache it has caused so many individuals.

Marianne

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

some days I just talk too much I repeat myself

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Inky Your note sounds absolutely perfect. A statement that the son you know would not be so cruel. It also sends a subtle message that the son you know is still in there somewhere. Perhaps one day he will be able to "come home"

It is loving and caring and offers him a loving way out of the cult words he just threw at you

Bravo. I think that you will gain your son (one day) through kindness and love much more than through anger and hurt.

In the meantime find healthy ways to vent. Write the nasty letter that addresses the cult thinking but do not send it. Just allow the anger out in a healthy way. The cult thinking does this to people. And your letter to him acknowledges that. Even though he won't see that now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit