Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Inky, I thought your reply was beautiful and I'm sure he'll recall your words one day and know that he is welcome back home when he comes to his senses.

I really don't think "warning" his future wife would really have been of benefit and it would have come off badly. She is probably a JW robot just like him and she probably would have been proud of the letter and would have taken "mild" and "industrious" to be compliments (and if someone prefers a milder personality and a hard-working person, aren't they compliments?)

Hopefully marriage goes well for them and hopefully they come to their sense. You've done all you can and now you just have to be patient and hope.

Path

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, Princess, if that's what it takes! I double dog dare you to dig up the remains of that pumpkin, wrap it up nicely, and send it as a wedding present! (Just kidding . . . . maybe.)

Nina

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I really don't think "warning" his future wife would really have been of benefit and it would have come off badly. She is probably a JW robot just like him and she probably would have been proud of the letter and would have taken "mild" and "industrious" to be compliments (and if someone prefers a milder personality and a hard-working person, aren't they compliments?)

You are making assumptions about this young woman that I really don't think are fair to make.

How many women marry men who are abusive but smart enough to hide it until it's "too late"? In a typical JW courtship, since the couple is never alone, an abusive man has even more incentive to curtail his abusive tendencies until after the marriage.

It's true that only a month before the wedding is probably not going to keep her from marrying him, but it just might help her open her eyes faster, if indeed he is abusive. JW women, especially, are ingrained to think everything is their fault ("It's your fault because you are not submissive enough" is counsel that is constantly given!). Each and every clue that it is not her fault would be a help to her.

and if someone prefers a milder personality and a hard-working person, aren't they compliments?
    NO. To women who have had dealings with abusive men, "complimenting" a woman on being "mild" and "industrious, especially if the comment is made to another woman, to imply that she is lacking those qualities, is a big, friggen' red flag!
  • zeena1998
    zeena1998

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Inky}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My heart goes out to you...can't even begin to imagine the heartache that you have gone thru. Even though I new here, I just wanted to let you know that there is one more person out there who supports you and is sending you a great big hug. I absolutely love the letter you wrote back to him...it addresses the most fundamental truth out there...the love of a mother for her child. There is nothing more precious than that.

Take care of yourself Inky!

Andie

• Mystla
    Mystla

(((Inky))) I don't post here very often, but I just had to respond to this one. I recieved a very similar letter from my sister a year ago. I know how much pain it caused me, I can only imagine how that pain would be multiplied coming from a son. Your reply was perfect, it moved me to tears, mostly because I miss my mother so much and wish that I could have just a little comfort or love from her. Your unconditional love for your son breaks my heart, I selfishly wish my own mother was the same. Mystla

• qwerty
    qwerty

Inky,

I know this is not the same but we are all here for you without conditions!

Love Qwerty

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

{{{{{{{Inky}}}}}}}}

So sorry :-(

• viktoria
    viktoria

((((((((((((((((inky))))))))))))

So very sorry.

You are in my prayers.

Viktoria

• Sabine
    Sabine

Irene,

Sorry for the late response, my heart just sank when I read this letter. Makena mentioned it to me a few days ago, and

we both had the same feeling...what we wouldn't give to have a mother as kind and wonderful as you are!! He just

is so blinded by the cult, what a shame.

My mother is still in the cult, and unfortunately extremely mentally ill all of her life.

Makena's mom past away over 10 years ago. She was so sweet and loved unconditionally, we miss her so much.

You are such a beautiful person (inside and out), so warm, kind, intelligent, funny. Makena and I just think the

world of you. The look in your eyes when we told you our story, it just melts my heart when I remember. You hang in there,

and continue being the exceptionally loving mother you are. He will live to regret that letter someday!

We love you (((((Irene))))), big hugs from Makena and me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit