Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{{{{{{inky}}}}}}}}}}

I am speechless reading a letter like that.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The letter is very mechanical and cold and the years of indoctrination in the group are evident with cliches like "scathing denunciations" and the desire for a "mild and industrious" woman. He has done exactly as he was "supposed" to do in such a situation, except even the WTS would be ashamed to see such a letter get out into the public, because after all "they don't break up families, they love them".

As others mentioned, I also think most young persons will not live their life out as JW's and that one day he will feel deeply ashamed of what he wrote. Letters such as this are proof that no matter how much this religion tries to change on the surface so they look good to outsiders, very little has really changed for the people on the inside.

Keep hanging on and I'm sure in time your son will come around. Unfortunately sometimes these things are years away.

Path

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

(((((((((Inky)))))))))) My heart goes out to you! Fire Dragon

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I read this letter and my mouth and heart just dropped. Words cannot express how hurt she must feel at this moment. This is what "Jehovah's loving organization" does to people. It was all I could do to sit through my grandmother's funeral a few weeks ago, but that is NOTHING compared to his letter.

My heart aches for you, and every other parent who has received such a letter.

• Scully
    Scully

After reading Pathofthorns' comment:

even the WTS would be ashamed to see such a letter get out into the public, because after all "they don't break up families, they love them".

I'm thinking that this letter, like the open letter Cruzanheart wrote following her father's suicide, should be made public. Also, like the issue of sending known pedophiles door-to-door, JWs should have to answer for this kind of embarrassing behavior to people they meet when they go in the public ministry.

This letter by Inky's son, epitomizes that JWs are NOT following the example of Jesus: "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." - John 13:34.

Love, Scully

• Room 215
    Room 215

So so sorry Inky; as a parent I can well imagine the devastation you feel. If I migh ask what was your heinous crime? Swimming at the YMCA?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((((((((Inky))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry. I've received similar emails from my very own father. In a way, I understand. The grief is so heavy now, but it will slowly lift. You're in my prayers! Please PM me if you ever need to talk. I'll give you my email addy!

Andi

• mouthy
    mouthy

Inky ((((((((HUGS)))) I too cried after reading the letter. What did Jesus say??"Forgive them they know not what they do" I hope the day will come when he will regret ever writing that letter. ((((hug))

Grace

• siegswife
    siegswife

(((((((Inky)))))))) I'm so sorry that you had to read that letter even once. Add me to the speechless class.

xxxooo

Lea

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Inky))))) I am so, so sorry that you received a letter like that. I hope his "mild and industrious" wife makes his life a living hell.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit